I’m so excited to be participating in this years’ End of Year Book Survey hosted by Jamie over at Perpetual Page Turner. What a fun to get us all thinking about all the WONDERFUL books we’ve read this year! Alright, here we go…
Number Of Books You Read: 124 and counting
Number of Re-Reads: 13
Genre You Read The Most From: YA Fantasy
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
My absolute FAVORITE book I read in 2016 was A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron. Loved the concept though!
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
I’ll Give You the Sun. I was floored by the level of GORGEOUS in that book.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Throne of Glass series and A Court of Thorns and Roses series.
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Best series started Caraval! May be my new FAV book of all time really! Best Sequel was a court of Mist and Fury. Best Series Ender was Crooked Kingdom!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
The Rose and the Dagger
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
History is All You Left Me
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
I’ll Give You the Sun
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
“No one was my master – but I might be master of everything if I wished. If I dared.” – Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Shortest – The Pale Dreamer by Samantha Shannon. Longest – Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Feyre and Rhysand
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Safiya and Iseult from Truthwitch.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Girl of Fire and Thorns
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury and Elias in An Ember in the Ashes
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
The Thousandth Floor
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Denton Little’s Death Date
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
The Problem with Forever
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Me Before You
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
And I Darken
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Authors Step Up Their Preorder Swag Game Mind you, I’ve only been blogging for about a month.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Steven King’s event here in Salt Lake City.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
When Danielle Page, Sarah Porter, and A.G. Howard followed me on Twitter.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Balancing doing blog posts and reading books to post about!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Honestly, I’ve been so floored by the response I’ve gotten with all of posts I’ve done that I can’t answer this questions. It’s been awesome, and mind-blowing, and SO exciting! I love you all!
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I TECHNICALLY discovered it in 2015, but The King’s English Bookshop in Salt Lake!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes! My GoodReads challenge was to read 100 books, and I’m at 124 so far!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
The Star-Touched Queen
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
The Song Rising, A Court of Wings and Ruin, Roseblood, The Crown’s Fate, Carve the Mark, ToG book 6
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The Hundredth Queen
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
The finale for the Throne of Glass series!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Hit 1,000 followers on my blog. Attend A LOT of author events through The King’s English.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
And that’s it! My year in review. Hope you guys all had a great reading year too!