I’m updating this post, because the team over at LILbooKlovers was nice enough to nominate me again! Check out their beautiful blog here!
I have been nominated for The Mystery Book Blogger award! This is mind-blowing for me and admittedly a little…mysterious??? I’m so new to blogging, I didn’t even know that book blogger awards were a thing! How awesome to find out that they are by being NOMINATED for one! WOW!
So thanks so much to my new friend Mandy over at Book Princess Reviews for nominating me! Be sure to check out her blog, cause her reviews are ROYALLY awesome. Pun totally intended. Her blog is also ADORABLE, creative, and just plain fun.
So hooray for being nominated for an award! And hooray for all the other amazing bloggers that were nominated too! Drinks all around!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
So What is The Mystery Blogger Award?
This award was created by Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.” -Okoto Enigma
3 Things About Me
- I got to meet Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, Draco Malfoy, and Severus Snape! Well, the actors anyway. My AWESOME little bro won tickets to the premier of HP 7.2 in New York City and took me as his plus one! Talk about a Potter Nerd’s dream come true! #Always
- When I met John Green at GeekyCon a few years ago, I spent the full two-hours in line trying to come up with something brilliant to say to him, so he’d think I was super smart. He ended up asking me about my bangs, which he called fringe. So my BRILLIANT conversation with one of my fav authors ended up being about…my hair.
- I co-founded the COOLEST book club in Utah, called YA and Wine, in partnership with my bookish bestie and my favorite indie book shop, The King’s English. We’ve been going for less than a year and already have about 60 members! Peopel really like YA and Wine, hence where the idea for this blog came from!
Questions from The Book Princess:
1. A Must Have Question: favorite Disney Princess? If you’re not a fan of the Princesses (le gasp), favorite Disney movie?
Ariel. I watched that movie on repeat until my mom literally hid it from me. Still belivee that movie has arguable the best soundtrack of any film in the 20th century.
2. What is the first book you remember reading? Did you like it?
The Berenstein Bears were my jam when I was little. I had the tapes that accompanied the books, so I memorized what words went with what pages and impressed the pants off of everyone with my three-year-old reading skills.
3. Have you always loved reading? Is there a time where you ever quit?
My mom taught me how to read words by recognizing their shape when I was two. I’ve been hooked ever since. I didn’t read as much fiction in college, because college!
4. If you were stuck on a desert island (happens all the time), what three to five books would you take with you?
Ugh! Hardest question ever, Book Princess! Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, A Court of Mist and Fury, Caraval, Pride and Prejudice, and Throne of Glass.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world (or outside of it), where would you go?
In the Muggle World, I’d go cruise the Amalfi Coast in Italy. In the Book World, you could find me on Diagon Alley.
Questions from LILbooKlovers
1) What is one reading habit that bugs you?
If people are reading, then I’m usually happy. However, if I’m reading at the same time as someone else, and they keep wanting to interrupt my reading to chat about what they’re reading…watch out!
2) If you could be best friends with one fictional character, would who it be?
Celaena Sardothien. That girl is fierce and also a REALLY good friend.
3) Who was the biggest author that you’ve met? Who was the biggest author that you gotten a signed book from?
Stephen King. Nuff said. 😉
4) What is your favorite TV show to binge watch?
Shadowhunters, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries; are you picking up on the YA book theme I’ve got going on here?!
5) What is the funniest thing that has happened to you?
I wish I could remember! A funny book-related thing is that I once spent three hours in line waiting to meet John Green, trying to think of something really profound to say to him when I finally got to meet him, because he’s JOHN GREEN. And when I finally made it up there, he gave me a compliment on my “fringe,” and we spent the entire interaction talking about my hair. SMH. Hahaha.
My Questions for My Nominees:
1. If you could meet any author, who would it be and what would you say to them?
2. What bookish destination would you most want to visit?
3. If you could share a conversation over a glass of wine with any book character, who would it be?
4. If you could live inside the fictional world of any book, which one would you choose?
5. If you could get your hands on an ARC of any 2017 book, which one would it be?
And my nominees are….
Chrissi @ChrissiReads / Tiana @TheBookRaven / Megan @bookslayerReads / Britney @HerBookishThings / @TizzyMatic / @ABookNation / Kim @ByHookOrByBook / Kourtni @Kourtni Reads / Elle @elle.biblio / Sarah @TheYABookTraveler / Brittany @BookRambles / Cristina @MyTinyObsessions / Inge @TheBeliganReviewer / @Ajoobacats / Donna @Choc0latenwaffles / Jessica @NovelCravings / Austine @NovelKnight / Mandy @BookPrincessReviews
Mandy – Don’t feel obligated to answer my questions on here. I just heart your site and wanted to give you another nomination.
My Best Blog Post So Far…