I was so, SO excited to hear about this challenge from Katrina over at One Bookish Girl, because it is all part of my grand scheme for my 2017 reading.
My goal is to read 50 new releases, 50 books from my #BeatTheBacklistChallenge, and 50 ARCs/Galleys, most of which I’m sure will come from NetGalley and Edelweiss. Check out my post about the specific books I’ll be reading to beat my backlist here.
The NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge was created by Emily at Falling for YA, but is being hosted this year by the team over at Bookish Things & More.
I am working so hard to get my NetGalley percentage up to the desired 80%, and I’m SOOOOO close! I think any of us who actively use NetGalley or Edelweiss can relate to this:
“Have you ever logged on to Edelweiss or Netgalley with the intention of “Just Looking” and then logged off having requested 5 new titles even though your TBR is a mile long? This challenge will (hopefully) give you the incentive to tackle your review books, stumble upon new ones, and get your Netgalley percentage to the desired 80%!”
- The challenge will run from Jan 1, 2017 – Dec 31, 2017.
- Anyone is welcome to join. You do not need to be a blogger, just post your reviews and come back every month to link them up.
- Any genre, release date, request date, length, etc. counts so long as it came from Edelweiss or Netgalley.
- At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews.
- If you forget to link up one month it’s not a problem just add your reviews next month.
- If you would like to move up or down levels that is completely fine and at your discretion.
- If you have any questions tweet me @BookishThings or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org!
Bronze – 10 Books
Silver – 25 Books
Gold – 50 Books
Platinum – 75 Books
Diamond – 100 Books
Clearly, I’ll be going for the Gold this year! The Gold and the elusive 80%! Come on 2017!
If you do decide to join us in this awesome endeavor, be sure to sign up on Bookish Things & More, so that we can all connect and cheer each other on!