Top Ten Tuesday : The Ten Best Books I Read in 2016

This week’s Top Ten Tuesday was particularly difficult for me. If you read my post on the many, MANY 5-Star books I read in 2016, you will understand why this was such a tough decision, but after A LOT of thought, these truly are the books I read this year that absolutely knocked my socks off and made me want to live in them for FOOORREEVVVEERRR.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous The Broke and Bookish. It’s my favorite weekly meme, because the topics are always super fun, and it’s also a fantastic way to connect with other book bloggers. Join us!

So without further ado, here are the ten best books I read in 2016 in order.

10. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas

9. The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid

8. A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir

7. The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan

6. The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon

img_0019

Check out my review of The Song Rising here!

5. The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye

4. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

3. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

2. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

1. Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Check out my review of Caraval here!

So there you have it. Happy #TopTenTuesday and happy reading!

1. Debbie says:

You really had some amazing reads this year *adds them to my tbr* hope 2017 will be better
    Merry Christmas🎄

I really did! I hope you have a great 2017 reading year!

1. Debbie says:

Same to you too😄😊

2. Caraval is getting so much hype and now it’s making all of these lists. It’s not my usual read, but I think I’m going to have to read it. Great list!
    My TTT.

Thank you! Caraval is actually my new favorite book of all time. The writing is incredible!

4. So many of these are on my TBR. I’m really looking forward to Caraval’s release! I’m hoping that my library will get it so I don’t have to spend any more money since my bank account is crying right now, haha. I really want to read Maas’ series too since nearly everyone seems to love her books so much.

Caraval is currently my new favorite book, and Maas’s series are my two current favorite series, so I highly recommend them! January is KILLING my book budget too! 😅 Sssoooo many good books!

6. ChrissiReads says:

I need to read Empire of Storms. I can’t believe I haven’t read it yet.

It reminded me of Heir of Fire a bit. I LOVED it, but it definitely has the feel that its main purpose is to set up the next novel in the series.

8. Greg Hill says:

I love that cover of Lady Midnight and I’m kind of excited to read Crooked Kingdom after hearing SO many good things about that duology. Caraval sounds really good too!

The Lady Midnight cover is stunning! My favorite of all of Clare’s so far, which is saying something! I wish I felt the same way about the new Lord of Shadows cover.

10. Great choices – I have pretty much all of these on my ever growing tbr. 🙂

Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

I will definitely check them out!

11. A number of these are on my TBR already. Happy reading, and thanks for the follow.

Oh good. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

12. TeacherofYA says:

Ooh, some good books on there! Caraval must have been really good bc it hasn’t even been released yet, so it beat out a lot of titles! I want to read it badly!

Caraval is my perfect book! I’ve seen a couple three star reviews, but almost everything I’ve seen is five star. I think it’s GORGEOUS.

1. TeacherofYA says:

Omg, it is! And I love the AUS cover, too! #coverlove!

All the covers for that book are AMAZING. As they should be. 🙂