My Favorite Author Events of 2016

2016 was a great year for author events here in the great state of Utah. We had some amazing, AMAZING authors come to town, mostly due to my favorite indie bookshop, The King’s English, and Barnes and Noble’s Teen Book Fest!

Here are a few of my favorite events we were able to attend:

Stephen King

Cassandra Clare

Sabaa Tahir

Victoria Schwab

Kiersten White

James Dashner

Nicola Yoon

Brandon Sanderson

Melissa De La Cruz

Mackenzie Lee, Kathryn Purdie, Sara B. Larson, Courtney Alameda, and Ilima Todd

Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows

Marissa Meyer

Kristi Yamaguchi

Did you attend any author events in 2016? Which author was your favorite to meet live and in person?

1. Greg Hill says:

Wow, you had some great guests this year! King, Meyer, Cassandra Clare… awesome line up!

Seriously! It was an amazing year. The lineup for 2017 isn’t looking too shabby either!

3. OMG………I am so jealous!!! Lucky lucky!!

Just lucky to have such an amazing local indie book store that brings such great authors to town.

1. Where??? I’m moving!! Lol

Salt Lake City…so you might want to think about it a bit.

1. Hahaha! I drove through there from Spokane Washington to here, Chandler Arizona!

Well next time stop at The King’s English Bookshop!

6. Molly's Book Nook says:

OMG you went to so many! I only went to Yallwest this year….I found that I was quite lazy whenever any other ones came around. Whoops.

Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook

How was YAllwest? I’m thinking about going this year.

1. Molly's Book Nook says:

I love it! IF YOU GO TELL ME. I’ve gone 2 years in a row & it’s so much more fun/easier to get things done with a group. It’s a free event & they actually took away a day for next year, so I’m suspecting it will be pretty crowded. But it’s still fun & crazy.

Okay, awesome! I will definitely let you know if I can make it! It sounds amazing. Meet loads of great authors/bloggers, then go get lots of wine…