Standalone Sunday : I’ll Give You the Sun

Hello, my bookish friends! Standalone Sunday is a weekly meme created by Megan@bookslayerReads. This meme is about a Standalone book (that is not part of a series) that you loved and would recommend. Be sure to check out her awesome bookish blog when you have a minute.

I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

20820994 A brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell

Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah’s story to tell. The later years are Jude’s. What the twins don’t realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.

This radiant novel from the acclaimed, award-winning author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once.

Click here to add this GORGEOUS book to your GoodReads TBR!

This is one of the most stunning contemporary YA novels that I have EVER read. The visuals are beautiful and not something that you typically see in anything outside of the fantasy realm. The relationship dynamics between Noah and Jude are so relatable and complex, and the story will have you hooked from the very beginning. I cannot recommend this book highly enough!

1. I posted my first one today too!! 😀

Awesome! Just checked it out. High fives for our first Standalone Sunday! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

3. Every time I see this novel recommended it stresses me out because it’s been sitting on my shelves for so long!! I’m definitely getting to it this year xD Great post! (:

-Jess @jbelkbooks

It was on mine for forever too. I just read it a couple months ago. It’s INCREDIBLE though. I can’t wait to read her next book now.

1. Yeah, I’ve heard nothing but great things about IGYTS, so I’m anticipating to love it as well (:

-Jess @jbelkbooks

4. I’m glad you enjoyed I’ll Give You the Sun! I enjoyed it too, but the writing style was a bit much for me. The characters were great, though!😄

Oh, I LOVED her writing style. It was so unique for a contemporary, but I can see what you’re saying. It’s incredibly descriptive and the visuals are a lot different than anything I’ve ever read.

1. I know, but I think it was a bit too descriptive for my liking. It was unique, though, which was a plus!😊

I’m all about the descriptive ones, like The Night Circus and Caraval!

5. I’ve been wanting to read this one!! Hope to get to it soon! Thanks for participating 🙂

Thank you! It’s so good to see you back in the blogiverse!

1. Thanks so much, Krysti! It’s good to be back 😊

6. Donna says:

I love the cover of this one!

Me too! It’s so perfect for the story.

7. TeacherofYA says:

I really should give this one s chance!

For sure. I loved it!

8. Aditi17 says:

Hey!! This is my favourite contemporary novel… So whom do you like more – Noah or Jude?

Hello! Gosh it depends on which point of the book you’re at really. When they’re young, Noah. When they’re older, Jude. And then I loved them equally at the end.