Thank goodness I’m participating in this year’s #BeatTheBacklist challenge, so I can attempt to get caught up on all these 2016 releases that I missed but really, REALLY want to read!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous The Broke and Bookish. It’s my favorite weekly meme, because the topics are always super fun, and it’s also a fantastic way to connect with other book bloggers. Join us!

So without further ado, here are the ten 2016 releases that I haven’t read YET, but it’s totally happening in 2017!

1.The Reader by Traci Chee

2 Glitter by Aprilynne Pike

3.Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton

4. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

5. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

6. The Star Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

7. The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis

8. Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven

Unknown.jpg

9. The Girls by Emma Cline

10. Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova

So what 2016 releases did you miss that you are TOTALLY going to read in 2017? Are you going to read any of the books from my list?

27 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday : 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To (But TOTALLY plan to)

1. SteviesBookshelf says:

I just finished The Star Touched Queen a couple of days ago and I really liked it!! Also, I really hope to get to Salt to the Sea this year, I just read Ruta Sepetys books this year and I really enjoyed her writing 🙂

2. Morgan | Backlist Babe says:

So many good books (that I casually forgot came out this year). I read Labyrinth Lost and thought it was great. Also, you’re the second blogger I follow that has mentioned The Female of the Species. I’d never heard of that one before, but now I’m super intrigued. Whoops… looks like I’m really going to drown under my TBR this year.

3. Jackie B @ Death by Tsundoku says:

Yay! I love how many of these books overlap. I haven’t read *any* of the books on your list, so even the ones I haven’t listed should be considered (I’m looking at you, This Savage Song and Salt to the Sea)! 2016 had tons of great releases. I don’t know if I’ll ever catch up.

4. Azia says:

2016 was a great year for books! So many beautiful covers, new authors, and unique stories! This is a great list, and I can safely say that all these books are also on my TBR for this year haha. Hopefully we can get around to them soon enough! 😀

5. novelcravings says:

My top ten Tuesday was all about series starters I didn’t get around to reading but if it wasn’t Female of the Species and Glitter would have been on my list for sure! I hope you enjoy them this year!

6. Joey @ thoughts and afterthoughts says:

I was -supposed- to binge all of Schwab’s books in 2016 too. But alas, I am amazingly bad at this reading thing so maybe in the future haha. I also know so many people who really enjoyed TSTQ but after finishing Part 1 (there are 2 parts/halves, I believe) I was hit with the biggest “huh?” so you must read it and enjoy it for both of us!

Hahaha. I did manage to binge her other series prior to her signing, but then didn’t read This Savage Song afterwards. Definitely will prior to the sequel coming out though! I am HOPING to get to TSTQ in February, because I’ve heard amazing things, but obviously don’t have an opinion myself yet. The cover ROCKS though.