The Week’s YA and Wine Pairings

I’m changing this weekly post to Thursdays, because #ThirstyThursday! How did I NOT think of that before!

Here’s my sneak peak of all my wine recommendations for the books I’ve read, am reading, or will be reading this week! Read up and drink up!

img_0425

My Recommendations for What I’ve Read so Far This Week:

Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves

0da6302b-6993-4284-9d85-3691b2fbcfd0

For this novel that so perfectly blends Hungarian history, fairy tales, folklore, and fantasy; I recommend pairing this Hungarian Montgravet Consault Rose. I won’t post my full review of this beauty until 02/28, but check out my book feature here!

Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth

What better wine to pair with Veronica Roth’s HIGHLY anticipated new novel than this Starry Night Zinfandel. Fantasy meets science fiction in this novel, very much like the Van Gogh painting that inspired this gorgeous bottle of wine. Check out my full review here!

My Recommendations for What I’m Reading Now:

Definitions of Indefinable Things by Whitney Taylor

66afedeb-722f-4f68-a2cb-566677c20ce1

I recommend pairing this awesome contemporary read with this Francis Ford Coppola Chardonnay, because it has it’s light, fun moments but also gets pretty intense. I’ve FINALLY gotten around to reading this book this week! And I’m really liking it BTW.

Follow Me Back  by A.V. Geiger

Try pairing this Apothic Crush Red Wine with A.V. Geiger’s upcoming book where a harmless crush might take a turn for the dark and dangerous.

Red Rising  by Pierce Brown

I would recommend pairing Red Rising with this red Casale de Giglio Mater Matuta, because the society in this book has a very Romanesque vibe to it, and this lovely wine just happens to be grow right outside of Rome.

My Recommendations for What I’m Reading Next:

Romeo and What’s Her Name by Shani Petroff

I’ll be pairing Romeo and What’s Her Name with this Romeo Monastrell Red Wine. First of all, because of the obvious “Romeo” reference, but also because this wine sounds every bit as sweet and heartwarming as the book does!

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

What better wine to pair with Lauren Oliver’s Before I Fall than this Repeat Wine Chardonnay, since Samantha Kingston is forced to live the last day of her life on repeat in this novel (and soon to be movie!). Plus look how PPPRRREETTTYYYY the bottle is!

Hope you’re all having as amazing of a book week as I am!

*Wine recommendations are, of course, for those of legal drinking age only.*

1. Tiana says:

I love your wine pairings so much and I always wonder, how do you go about finding wines to pair with the books you read?

Thank you! I have a FAB wine store right by my work, so that helps. I’ve also done some wine tours when I’ve traveled, so I try to incorporate those. If I can’t find anything that matches the book themes then I’ll search for a match on the internet. I try to stick with wines I’ve actually tried though.

1. Tiana says:

That’s awesome! Especially because you’ve tried the majority of them, I always love to see how perfectly you pair everything.

Thank you! It’s really fun! 🍷🍷🍷

2. Again, an amazing list as always! I am not a huge fan of the Apothic label. I find their wines to be too tannin heavy. They always give me headaches. I love Romeo, though! 😄

Thank you! The Apothic wines are some of my favorites. That’s why I use them so frequently. Plus they have great labels. LOL.

1. To each their own! I don’t disagree about their labels, though. 😉

Just like with books! 😁

3. God, I didn’t know Coppola has his own brand of wine. In retrospect, I rarely drank any forms of alcohol so I see why I’m clueless about them.

I love your reviews though. It probably won’t be too long before I start drinking, ah, I mean reading one of these myself.

Haha. Oh, no! I’m a terrible influence!

4. ezinwanyi13 says:

Which one of those are sweet?

The Romeo wine is pretty sweet. At least by my standards anyway. 😉

1. ezinwanyi13 says:

I like Riesling and Moscato

I really do too, especially Riesling. But I do like most wines. 🍷🍷🍷

5. Azia says:

Great pairings! And I’m so happy you included Before I Fall. I love that book! Also, the wine label is so COOL. How did you come across that one?? 😀 I’ve been meaning to read Red Rising. I’ve heard so many great things about it!

I am hoping to start that one in a couple days, and I’m SO EXCITED. It sounds like my kind of book. The wine I stumbled across at my local wine store. It is REALLY pretty!

1. Azia says:

Can’t wait to read your thoughts on it! It sounds like a very promising read 🙂

6. TeacherofYA says: