The Liebster Award

liebsteraward1.png

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU!!! to my friend Sophie over at Blame Chocolate for nominating me for this award. I highly recommend that you check out her blog. I mean, my blog is all about books and wine. Her blog has books and chocolate, so we were basically destined to be friends. But I’m confident you’ll love her blog as well. It’s a lot of fun, and her rating system, it’s done in pieces of chocolate!

Also, I’ve been blogging for a whole WONDERFUL two months now, and I have SO MUCH to learn still! So I do have a somewhat embarassing question for my fellow book bloggers. Does being nominated mean you “won” the award? Or are you just a nominee and then a winner is selected?  *Blushing over admitting I don’t know that already.*

Rules

• Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
  • Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.

Sophie’s Questions

1. What is your favorite art movement? (Impressionism, surrealism…)

Since Edgar Degaas is my favorite artist, I’m going to go with Impressionism/Realism. However, I do love Van Gogh so also Post-Impressionism. Great question, Sophie!

2. What was the weirdest thing a stranger ever told you?

Lady we’ve never met to me and my book bestie at the bookshop. “Are you two sisters? You look good.” See pic of us below to help understand our confusion. Plus “you look good?!”

img_0841

3. Do you get motion sick while reading in the car/bus/train?

Very sadly, yes, on all three.

4. The best advice someone has ever given you?

My grandpa told me to never blindly follow or believe in anyone or anything and to always question everything and come to my own conclusions. Wise words, Grandpa.

5. What time of the day are you most productive?

After I get off work from my Muggle job and the reading/blogging commences.

6. Would you rather be a villain or a hero in a story, and why?

Hero. Villains lose 99% of the time.

7. If you were a type of candy/snack, which one would you be?

Hmmm…a KitKat, I think. Because I really enjoy sleeping, a.k.a. taking breaks.

8. Pirates or ninjas, and why?

Pirates, because I’m DYING to read Tricia Levenseller’s Daughter of the Pirate King. Also there’s Blackhearts and The Girl From Everywhere.

9. What was your favorite thing to do when you were a kid?

Ice skate, because I used to have this crazy thing called coordination.

10. Favorite and least favorite tropes in literature/cinematography/etc?

I guess it depends on how it’s handled. Just about any trope can be annoying if done in a cliche way. However, if the author or filmmaker brings something original to the table, and said trope is essential to the plot, I can get on board with just about anything. As long as it isn’t discriminatory in nature that is.

11. If you could change a single thing happening in the world right now, what would it be?

Sophie you must be a clairvoyant, because you created that question before the events of this past weekend. I can’t even believe I have to type these words right now but there is an actual Muslim Ban going on in our country, and that breaks my heart and terrifies me. If I could change anything, that would, beyond a doubt, be the first thing.

My Questions

1. What hero from a Dystopian novel do you think our world needs right now?
  2. What book have you read that has lifted you up and made you feel stronger?
  3. Name one book that has made you better understand a different culture.
  4. What’s your favorite diverse book you read in 2016?
  5. What diverse book are you most looking forward to reading in 2017?
  6. What book would you make required reading for everyone in the world if you could?
  7. What book quote do you find most inspiring?
  8. If you could have any super power, which one would you choose?
  9. Pick a genre: Contemporary, Fantasy, Dystopian, Mystery, or Science Fiction.
  10. What is your favorite book series of all time?
  11. And because I just have to, if you could have a chat with any book character over a glass of wine, who would you choose?

And The Nominees Are…

Of course, no pressure to you nominees participate. However, I hope everyone will blog hop amongst these wonderful blogs and follow!

Thanks again for the nomination, Sophie! May you never run out of books or chocolate!

34 thoughts on “The Liebster Award

1. Jamie @ Book Pandamonium says:

Congrats on the nomination!! (I’m not quite sure how the awards thing works either lol) But great answers – the Muslim Ban is heartbreaking and the first thing I would change as well. And your grandpa gives great advice! 👌

2. Mandy says:

Thanks so much, Krysti! <3 Impressionism is definitely my favorite as well, and I cracked up on your second question. That last part just too much. I don't get people that do that. XD Also, I really want a KitKat now. Thanks so much again. <3

3. Lois says:

I’ve never actually thought about how the award works before, I just answered the questions, so I’m just as clueless about how it works haha. I’m always amazed by people that can read in cars/trains/buses. I get a headache withing 5 minutes of trying.
    I can’t believe what’s happening in this world right now. From Brexit to Trump, this world is truly going to shit. I never thought I’d see a Muslim ban enforced and I am disgusted and heartbroken by it.

• YAandWine says:

I’ve always wondered but so far no one seems to know. LOL. That actually makes me feel better about it. These are dark times in the words of Rufus Scrimgeour. 😢😢😢

4. sophiethestark says:

Aww you’re so sweet Krysti, I don’t know what to say! Thank you so much for your kind words ❤ I’m so glad to have found you and your blog 😄
    I totally agree with you on #10. I’m a big believer of perfecting already existing ideas, and just because something is overdone doesn’t mean it can’t be done right. Plus, I’m super cheesy and like cheesy stuff hahaha
    Your granpa is very wise indeed! Is his name Dumbledore, by chance And a Kit Kat sounds perfect! Everyone needs their breaks 😜
    Unfortunately bad things are bound to happen everyday… And nowadays everything seems to be happening all at once. I just hope we get to find some peace of mind eventually :/
    I’m glad you enjoyed my questions (I’m super bad at coming up with those!) and thank you for such wonderful answers! I love reading these types of posts and yours was absolutely delightful 😊

• YAandWine says:

I’m so glad we’ve become blogging buddies too! It’s been so much fun! I’m so glad you agree on number 10. That was a tough one! Haha. My grandpa once asked me if I was reading that Henry Fryingpan book, so not Dumbledore. Still awesome. 😂 It’s so true! I just hope Ever can feel safe and at peace soon. These posts are super fun! Thanks again for including me!

• sophiethestark says:

Aw I’m so happy too! 😄 And no problem, I’ll definitely include you in more future posts!
        And I forgot to answer your question: yes you absolutely own the award now! I had that doubt at the beginning too, don’t worry 😊 But all nominees are, in fact, winners. So flaunt it all you want hahaha
        I’m hoping we can have more posts like these! They’re really cool.

• YAandWine says:

Oh, well, hooray!!! We are blog award winners! That sounds extremely cool. Yeah, totally putting those award logos on the bottom of my blog. Hahaha. 🙂

5. Kester (from LILbooKlovers) says:

Thanks so much for the nomination! I really appreciate it! I will get to these questions as soon as I can! They’ll be fun to answer! And congrats, also! You definitely deserve it! (Plus I love all the wine pairings- they amuse me!) 🙂