This Week’s YA and Wine Pairings

Happy #ThirstyThursday my fellow adult YA readers! I hope you’re all having a fabulous book week. I know I am!

Here’s a sneak peak of all my wine recommendations for the books I’ve read, am reading, or will be reading this week! Read up and drink up!

img_0425

My Recommendations for What I’ve Read so Far This Week:

Definitions of Indefinable Things by Whitney Taylor

66afedeb-722f-4f68-a2cb-566677c20ce1

I recommend pairing this awesome contemporary read with this Francis Ford Coppola Chardonnay, because it most certainly has its intense moments, but it also has a brilliant balance of light and sweetness as well. Check out my review here!

Red Rising  by Pierce Brown

I would recommend pairing Red Rising with this red Casale de Giglio Mater Matuta, because the society in this book has a very Romanesque vibe to it, and this lovely wine just happens to be grown right outside of Rome. Review coming this weekend!

Romeo and What’s Her Name by Shani Petroff

I’ll be pairing Romeo and What’s Her Name with this Romeo Monastrell Red Wine. Yes, because of the obvious “Romeo” reference, but also because this wine sounds every bit as sweet and heartwarming as the book does! Check out my book feature and enter the giveaway here!

My Recommendations for What I’m Reading Now:

Follow Me Back  by A.V. Geiger

Try pairing this Apothic Crush Red Wine with A.V. Geiger’s upcoming book where a harmless crush just might take a turn for the dark and dangerous.

Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan

Immerse yourself in this brilliant Rapunzel retelling set in a world ruled by shadows and perpetual darkness while sipping on a glass of this Acronym red blend, handily named Shadow.

My Recommendations for What I’m Reading Next:

The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine

Apparently I have a thing for shadows this week; however, I recommend pairing this Queen Millionaire Waltz Malbec with this read, which is dark and royal and perfectly suits Lorelei’s character!

The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine

First of all, I just have to say how EXCITED I am to read this book, because Rumpelstiltskin is my favorite fairy tale of all time. I’ve been WISHING someone would do a retelling on this classic tale, and my wish certainly came true, so I’ll be pairing this Wish Wine Co. Cabernet Sauvignon with C.J. Redwine’s latest novel in the Ravenspire series!

I’m having an AMAZING book week. Hope you all are too!

*Wine recommendations are, of course, for those of legal drinking age only.*

1. Thanks for the follow! It means a lot to me. I have a question; how’d you find my blog? I’m curious.

I blog hop a lot on posts that I’m tagged in or on the posts that I like from blogs that I follow.

1. Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!

2. These sound like wonderful pairings! Very cool post Krysti 😊

Thanks, Sophie! 🙂

3. I enjoyed The Shadow Queen so I’ve been looking forward to The Wish Granter. This is going to be a busy book month!😊

CRAZY book month. But in a good way. There are so many amazing new books coming out. And I’ve got some great ARCs to catch up on. Bring on the books!

4. Just got an eARC for Follow Me Back! Can’t wait to read it !

I’m about 25% of the way in. It’s sooooo interesting.

5. Mandy says:

Is #ThirstyThursday new because it has to be the most fitting hashtag for this blog post. 😄 Fantastic post (as usual ;)), and that Shadow Queen wine is so pretty. ❤ I can't wait to see your thoughts on it because I heard so many mixed reviews.

I just switched it to Thursday last week, because CLEARLY this post needs to be part of that hashtag. LOL. I’m so excited to read it! I have an ARC of The Wish Granter, so that’s my plan for the weekend!

1. Mandy says:

Lol, yes, that makes so much sense! And yay! 😀 *eagerly anticipating over here*

I’m so excited for that one! It’ll be a great reading weekend. Who cares about the Super Bowl. LOL.

6. What a brilliant idea! I want to find that wine when I read The Shadow Queen.

Thank you! I am so excited to start that one. I should (fingers crossed) be able to start tomorrow!

7. Ohmigod, this is fantastic! I can’t think of anything better than pairing a yummy wine with a great ya book! I’ve never read wine while reading before, but now I must try it out: It all makes sense now! 🙂 Thanks for the follow on my blog “A Book at a Time”! And I am definitely following you back, this blog makes me so happy 🙂

Thank you! I’m so glad I stumbled across your blog! Books and wine make a GEEAT combination. 📚🍷

1. Thank you! 😀 haha I bet! And it’s perfect because I have a bottle of wine I’ve been waiting for a different occassion to drink 🙂

Perfect! You’ll have to let me know what book you pair it with. 😉

8. I just got approved for Follow Me Back on NetGalley! So I’ll have to grab some Apothic Crush Red Wine to pair with it while reading 🙂

Yes!!! That’s exactly what I’m doing tonight!

9. First time I’ve been to your blog and I have to say that I LOVE it. YA reads and wine pairings? Awesome idea. And I hadn’t seen The Wish Granter and now feel like I need it in my life.

Oh, thank you! It’s a really fun blog to do! I’m reading the Wish Granter next, and I’m so excited! I love Rumplestiltskin!

10. I cannot WAIT to read The Wish Granter. I’m completely on board with you and your love for Rumplestiltskin. Plus, I am super intrigued with where that might go. Brilliant.

C.J. Redwine is just a master at writing retellings. She makes them each her own, and it’s really impressive. I really enjoyed this one in particular!