2017 Debut Authors to Watch: Rhoda Belleza

There are so many INCREDIBLE debut novels coming out this year, my TBR pile is absolutely quivering in anticipation! I want to help spread the word about some of these amazing new books and authors, so I’ll be doing a feature each Friday for a debut author you need to keep on your bookish radar!

I am so thrilled to read this STUNNING debut novel by Rhoda Belleza. Not only do I think this story sounds incredible, but Rhoda seems like she is going to be an up-and-coming YA author to keep an eye on. I’m also a huge fan of Paper Lantern Lit and the work that they do. So mark those TBR lists, because this debut novel is coming out on February 7th!

About Rhoda Belleza

2135166Rhoda Belleza was raised in Los Angeles, where she grew up writing X-Files fanfiction and stuffing her face with avocados. She’s a children’s editor at a publishing house and writes from a sunny Brooklyn apartment stuffed with far too many bikes and far too many shoes. When she’s not writing, Rhoda obsesses over nail art tutorials, watches kung fu movies, and sews together crooked things that pass for clothes. Empress of a Thousand Skies is her debut novel. Follow her on Twitter @rhodabee.

Empress of a Thousand Skies

30269126Empress
Rhee, also known as Crown Princess Rhiannon Ta’an, is the sole surviving heir to a powerful dynasty. She’ll stop at nothing to avenge her family and claim her throne.

Fugitive
Aly has risen above his war refugee origins to find fame as the dashing star of a DroneVision show. But when he’s falsely accused of killing Rhee, he’s forced to prove his innocence to save his reputation – and his life.

Out February 7th, 2017!!!!

How GORGEOUS is that book cover?! Are you planning on reading Empress of a Thousand Skies in February? What debut novels are you looking forward to this year?

Thank you! ☺️

1. Yep! This is on my list too. And that cover is really gorgeous!😊

Soooo pretty! I’m hearing mixed reviews. Still REALLY want to read it though!

1. Same here Krysti. I’m waiting to see if my library gets it.💁🏻

That’s a really good idea.

2. This is on my list too! It sounds so good plus Carve the Mark left me craving space operas lol!

Carve the Mark DEFINITELY has the space opera feel to it! Let me know if you read this one. Would love to know your thoughts!

3. Donna says:

This sounds good!

It sounds REALLY cool. I’m excited to read it!

4. Mandy says:

This book looks so ridiculously good. And I mean, that cover. Heart eyes for sure. And OMG, I so didn’t realize it was coming the 7th?? Mandy is off on her book release game. :O Great post! 🙂

February is an INTENSE book release month, which is a great thing, but I’m going to be busting my you-know-what to try to keep up with it all! So much goodness! And thank you, lady!:)

5. Lois says:

Empress of a Thousand Skies is one of my most anticipated books of the year. The concept and the character dynamics sound awesome.

Totally agree. Can’t wait to read it!

6. Exactly– that cover is on *point*. I definitely can’t wait to read this— but it probably won’t be this month. I tend to put off hyped books for a few months to let things cool down. I often hype myself too much and get disappointed. But strong female protagonists?! Bring. It. ON!

I won’t be able to read it for a couple months either, but just because I have way too many ARCs to catch up on. The constant book blogger “problem.” 🙂

1. Exactly. I’ve told myself I am only allowed to touch NetGalley if it’s to submit a review. No requesting. We’ll see how that works out for me.

I’ve still been requesting books, but only the big ones that I’m most likely going to get declined for anyway. LOL. So that’s helping! Up to 75% now!

3. Hey! Great job!!! I’m somewhere around 60% because I’m bad at it. Baby steps, I guess. I really should just request a bunch of kids books and read/review them one weekend and cheat that score back up. 😉

Hahaha! That’s not a terrible strategy. LOL. But then I’d never get through my TBR pile, so I’ll just keep plugging along. One day we shall conquer that 80%!!!!!