Standalone Sunday : Long May She Reign

standalone-1

I hope you are all having a happy Standalone Sunday! I know I am, because I found a new FANTASY Standalone Novel! Yay!!! This book comes out on February 21st, and I cannot wait to read it! Not only because I’ve been DYING to read a standalone fantasy, but because this book sounds awesome!

Standalone Sunday is a weekly meme created by Megan@bookslayerReads. This meme is about a Standalone book (that is not part of a series) that you loved and would recommend. Be sure to check out her awesome bookish blog!

Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas

30320053.jpgThe Girl of Fire and Thorns meets The Queen of the Tearling in this thrilling fantasy standalone about one girl’s unexpected rise to power.

Freya was never meant be queen. Twenty third in line to the throne, she never dreamed of a life in the palace, and would much rather research in her laboratory than participate in the intrigues of court. However, when an extravagant banquet turns deadly and the king and those closest to him are poisoned, Freya suddenly finds herself on the throne.

Freya may have escaped the massacre, but she is far from safe. The nobles don’t respect her, her councillors want to control her, and with the mystery of who killed the king still unsolved, Freya knows that a single mistake could cost her the kingdom – and her life.

Freya is determined to survive, and that means uncovering the murderers herself. Until then, she can’t trust anyone. Not her advisors. Not the king’s dashing and enigmatic illegitimate son. Not even her own father, who always wanted the best for her, but also wanted more power for himself.

As Freya’s enemies close in and her loyalties are tested, she must decide if she is ready to rule and, if so, how far she is willing to go to keep the crown.

Wine Pairing

Being twenty-third in line to the throne, Freya certainly never expected to inherit the throne, so what better wine to pair this incredible new standalone fantasy novel with than a powerful Aramis The Heir Syrah?!

Aaahhhh, I’m so excited to have a found what sounds like an AWESOME standalone fantasy novel! I CANNOT wait for this to come out. This is definitely on my February TBR pile!

1. I SO hope that my library ends up getting this book because it sounds amazing!!

It REALLY does. And a fantasy standalone! doing a happy dance over here that I’ve found one that sounds so amazing! They’re so hard to find!

1. Yes they are! I feel like it’s one of the main reasons I don’t read more fantasy. They always seem up end up being ridiculously long series and I don’t have the patience for it, haha.

I LOVE a good series, but only if I get in at the beginning. Otherwise, I just don’t have time to catch up, so I can’t start them.

3. I have mixed feelings on them. If the books are already out, I’ll binge read them. But otherwise I seem to always end up forgetting about the series or I just lose interest and therefore never finish them 😛

Hahaha. So we’re the exact opposite. I LOVE waiting for the books to come out one-by-one. I am too intimidated by a completed series to even touch it.

5. Hahaha that’s too funny. To be fair, I can be intimidated by finished series if they’re really long. But I usually prefer completed series over ones that I’d have to wait like 5 years to actually read 😛

2. I just won this on Goodreads! I’m sooo PSYCHED!😊😊😊😊

Yay!!! That is so great! Let me know what you think of it!

3. OMG! I’ve seen this book floating around and it’s always caught my eye, but I had no idea it was a standalone! That’s awesome to hear 🙂 Thanks, Krysti!

I was so excited when I heard it was a standalone earlier this week! I cannot wait to read it! 🙂

4. I love a good stand alone fantasy novel. So many are part of a series and I often don’t get through them all.
    Also, you were nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award. https://literaryweaponry.com/2017/02/06/the-mystery-blogger-award/

Oh my gosh, thank you! I don’t know how I missed that. I really appreciate you thinking of me!

5. That cover is gorgeous!!!

It REALLY is. I love it!

6. LairOfBooks says:

I’m so excited for Long May She Reign being a stand alone! i’m currently reading Daughter of the Pirate King but i’m hoping to start this one this week. I was lucky enough to be approved for an arc & want to read & review on time. Hoping it’s a good one cuz it’s quite a chunker *fingers crossed*

I’m DYING to read DOTPK! I’m going to the launch this month, since she’s local, but my NetGalley request was denied. Definitely let me know how you like it!

1. LairOfBooks says:

omg i’m really enjoying it but its so short! lol glad that its the first in a series. The female protog gives me Merida from Brave vibes & I need more lol. I hope you have a blast at the launch party! look forward to the pics 🙂

Yeah, I’m hearing nothing but great things!Her next project sounds amazing too. She’s hinting about Vikings.There shall be pics! 😊

3. LairOfBooks says:

Oh sweet baby Jesus! I can’t with this news 😆😆😆 I am a HUGE mythology fan! Norse Mythology?!?! Yasss!!! I’m currently binge watching the latest season of Vikings as we speak 😂😂😂

Right?! I haven’t even read DOTPK yet, and I’m convinced Tricia’s a brilliant author just off of her story ideas alone. I cannot wait to learn more about it. Also, I NEED to watch that show!

7. TeacherofYA says:

I put a hold on this one at the library.,.i do hope I get a chance to read it!

Oh, nice! I really hope to get to it this month. I’m a little bit behind where I wanted to be with my reading right now.