Highlights From the Victoria Aveyard, Sophie Jordan Event with Kathryn Purdie!

All hail the Queens! What an AMAZING night! It was so much fun getting to meet Victoria Aveyard and Sophie Jordan! And Kathryn Purdie, of course, did a phenomenal job moderating their panel. It was fascinating listening to them discuss the motivation behind their novels and some important details about their books and writing that I personally wouldn’t have known otherwise.

Have you ever wondered what inspired Victoria Aveyard to write The Red Queen? I know I have, so here’s a little video of her discussing that very thing.

Fun Facts:

From Victoria Aveyard:

• I knew Victoria wrote screenplays in the past, but I did not know that she is still actively writing them as well as working on the fourth book in the Red Queen series. She’s even worked on a screenplay called Eternal with Marvel’s Stan Le!
  • I was ridiculously impressed by this, but Victoria actually drew the map for the Red Queen world. There’s a picture below, so you can also be blown away by her multitude of talents as I am.
  • I always feel a little bit bad for authors during signings, because I assume that their wrists must be KILLING them, but Victoria and Sophie confirmed that it’s not so much theirs wrists as their faces from smiling so much. Hahaha. Totally makes sense though.

From Sophie Jordan:

• So first of all, I have to say I made the mistake of assuming Reign of Shadows was a Rapunzel retelling. It is not! It is very much it’s own work, which becomes much more apparent in Rise of Fire. It was inspired by Tangled, The Riddick ChroniclesThe Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones.
  • Sophie has published over 20 novels. That is insane! I’m not entirely convinced she’s human…
  • Also EXCITING news, Sophie should be able to announce her next book soon! She was able to confirm that it is a YA novel, and she’ll hopefully be able to give us some news in the next couple of weeks!

Some Pics of the Event and the YA and Wine Book Club!

I love our book club members so much. These are just a few of us in these pics. We did get to touch a copy of Crystal Blade for just a minute, and it’s STUNNING. Cannot wait to get to read that one! We also just happened to have our ARC copies of Blood Rose Rebellion with us. They weren’t part of the event, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend picking up that book when it comes out in March!

Remaining Tour Dates

This awesome tour is quickly coming to a close, but there are still a few stops left. Check the schedule below to see if they’ll be stopping by a city near you!

allhailthequeenstour

Have any of you gotten to meet these lovely ladies during their tour? Have you read King’s Cage  or Rise of Fire yet? What did you think of them?

1. MiRakelBooks says:

I wished I was there, looks like you had a great time 🙂

Author events are always my favorite nights!

2. That seems amazing. Can’t image actually getting to be in attendance when authors talk about their awesome books.

Thank you! It was amazing. I hope you get to go to an author event sometime. They’re a blast!

3. Tiana says:

Your always meeting so many awesome authors! I wish I could go to so many of the events you mention all the time. I aspire to have that kind of life.

It’s only because I live by the best bookstore ever. We would never meet authors if it weren’t for The King’s English.

4. Ahhh, looks like so much fun!!! I’ve gotta go to one of these events sometime…

5. So, so lucky! I wish I’m in a country that authors visit. 😁 Also, I didn’t know Victoria drew that map! How awesome!

We wouldn’t get them here either if it weren’t for The King’s English Bookshop. Every author we’ve in Utah has been because of them. It is awesome that she drew the map. I can’t believe how multi-talented she is!

6. Mandy says:

You always make me feel like I’m there with you at these and it’s just so much fun! It was so cool to hear the stories behind their work, and I didn’t know Sophie Jordan wrote more than 20 novels.Like, what am I doing with my life? :O Anyway, fantastic post, and I always love reading these. 😀

Thank you!!! I want to share as much of these experiences with people as I can, cause they’re super fun. And I know right?! I can’t even write a blog post everyday. LOL! 😅

7. Ahhh! I’m so jealous of all these book events you get to go to. Thanks for sharing the video– it was great to hear Aveyard talk about her process some. Keep sharing your experiences. I love living vicariously through you. 🙂

It’s all because of our local indie. They host ALL of them. I’m glad you like those posts. I don’t want to be, like, bragging when I post them or anything, but they’re my favorite part of my bookish life. That and meeting all kinds of book lovers from all over the world.

1. That’s great! I recently found a local Indie bookstore on the other side of the city which occasionally hosts events. I am going to try and get to some this year!

8. TeacherofYA says:

See? This is how behind I am!!
    I’m sorry I didn’t see this sooner! 😍