All hail the Queens! What an AMAZING night! It was so much fun getting to meet Victoria Aveyard and Sophie Jordan! And Kathryn Purdie, of course, did a phenomenal job moderating their panel. It was fascinating listening to them discuss the motivation behind their novels and some important details about their books and writing that I personally wouldn’t have known otherwise.
Have you ever wondered what inspired Victoria Aveyard to write The Red Queen? I know I have, so here’s a little video of her discussing that very thing.
From Victoria Aveyard:
- I knew Victoria wrote screenplays in the past, but I did not know that she is still actively writing them as well as working on the fourth book in the Red Queen series. She’s even worked on a screenplay called Eternal with Marvel’s Stan Le!
- I was ridiculously impressed by this, but Victoria actually drew the map for the Red Queen world. There’s a picture below, so you can also be blown away by her multitude of talents as I am.
- I always feel a little bit bad for authors during signings, because I assume that their wrists must be KILLING them, but Victoria and Sophie confirmed that it’s not so much theirs wrists as their faces from smiling so much. Hahaha. Totally makes sense though.
From Sophie Jordan:
- So first of all, I have to say I made the mistake of assuming Reign of Shadows was a Rapunzel retelling. It is not! It is very much it’s own work, which becomes much more apparent in Rise of Fire. It was inspired by Tangled, The Riddick Chronicles, The Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones.
- Sophie has published over 20 novels. That is insane! I’m not entirely convinced she’s human…
- Also EXCITING news, Sophie should be able to announce her next book soon! She was able to confirm that it is a YA novel, and she’ll hopefully be able to give us some news in the next couple of weeks!
Some Pics of the Event and the YA and Wine Book Club!
I love our book club members so much. These are just a few of us in these pics. We did get to touch a copy of Crystal Blade for just a minute, and it’s STUNNING. Cannot wait to get to read that one! We also just happened to have our ARC copies of Blood Rose Rebellion with us. They weren’t part of the event, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend picking up that book when it comes out in March!
Remaining Tour Dates
This awesome tour is quickly coming to a close, but there are still a few stops left. Check the schedule below to see if they’ll be stopping by a city near you!
Have any of you gotten to meet these lovely ladies during their tour? Have you read King’s Cage or Rise of Fire yet? What did you think of them?