2017 Debut Authors to Watch : Laurie Forest

There are so many INCREDIBLE debut novels coming out this year, my TBR pile is absolutely quivering in anticipation! I want to help spread the word about some of these amazing new books and authors, so I’ll be doing a feature each Friday for a debut author you need to keep on your bookish radars!

I have been hearing nothing but PHENOMENAL things about Laurie Forest’s debut novel  The Black Witch. I am crossing all my fingers and toes that NetGalley or Edelweiss will come through for me on this one, but if I have to wait then at least I have something gorgeous to look forward to! And just look at this cover!!!

About Laurie Forest

author7-213x300

Laurie Forest lives deep in the backwoods of Vermont where she sits in front of a wood stove drinking strong tea and dreaming up tales full of dryads, dragons and wands. The Black Witch (May 2017, HarlequinTEEN) is her first novel, and Wandfasted (The Black Witch prequel, Summer 2017, HarlequinTEEN) is her first e-book novella.

The Black Witch

25740412A Great Winged One will soon arise and cast his fearsome shadow upon the land. And just as Night slays Day, and Day slays Night, so also shall another Black Witch rise to meet him, her powers vast beyond imagining.

So foretells the greatest prophecy of the Gardnerian mages. Carnissa Gardner, the last prophesied Black Witch, drove back the enemy forces and saved her people during the Realm War. Now a new evil is on the horizon, and her granddaughter, Elloren, is believed to be Carnissa’s heir—but while she is the absolute image of her famous grandmother, Elloren is utterly devoid of power in a society that prizes magical ability above nearly all else.

When she is granted the opportunity to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming an apothecary, Elloren is eager to join her brothers at the prestigious Verpax University and finally embrace a destiny of her own, free from the shadow of her grandmother’s legacy. But she soon realizes that the University, which admits all manner of peoples—including the fire-wielding, winged Icarals, the sworn enemies of her people—is an even more treacherous place for the granddaughter of the Black Witch.

Out May 2, 2017!!!!

It’s All In The Details

• Title: The Black Witch
  • Author: Laurie Forest
  • Publisher: Harlequin Teen
  • Pub Date: May 2, 2017
  • Pages: 608

Have any of you gotten to read this beauty just yet? Are you as excited to read it as I am? I’m personally THRILLED to see that it’s 608 pages! I love me some good, BIG books!

Mine too! It sounds PHENOMENAL!!!!

1. LHauser27 says:

Hi! I’m part of a debut author tour with Laurie, so I’m super excited for this one, too! Although the 600 pages scare me 😊
    Leslie

I just found out that I get to be one of the bloggers for this tour! I can’t wait to see which one of you amazing debut authors I get paired with. This is such a cool tour!

2. I know it’s not the full galley, but NetGalley does have a sample of it in Buzz Books 2017. I didn’t like it myself because it feels like an excerpt from later in the book as opposed to page one, but it’s something!

The premise sounds good, so I might try it ought when it releases.

Oh, I’ll have to check that out. I did request the full galley on NetGalley and Edelweiss, so fingers crossed still. Even a little glimpse would be fun though.

3. I’ll be adding this to my TBR! It kind of reminds me of The Hawkweed Prophecy. I love any books about witches 😀

It does sound AMAZING. I CANNOT wait to read this one!

4. TeacherofYA says:

Laurie is awesome and her book sounds amazing! I have a Netgalley copy and just wish I had time to read it now!

My plan is to read this one next weekend, and I’m so, SO excited. It sounds incredible. I sure you’re super busy with moving and all that fun stuff!