A Library Bucket List Courtesy of Thief of Lies

I had so much fun reading Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake. The magic system and characters were just awesome, AND it involved jumping into books to enter some of the world’s most GORGEOUS libraries! Talk about your ultimate wish fulfillment. I was frantically highlighting and googling the libraries that these characters got to visit while reading, and it made the experience that much more fun.

Because of that I’m going to do something more special than my typical review post for this book. (It was a strong four star read for my BTW.) I’ll be giving you a sneak peak of some of the amazing libraries from this book that have just landed on my bucket list.

For a couple of the libraries, the book listed locations instead of specific names, so on the Russian and Parisian libraries I’m admittedly guessing. But these libraries are going on the bucket list either way.

Wine Pairing

Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake

Jump into the pages of this wonderfully bookish world while sipping on this Page’s Creek Chardonnay!

*All wine recommendations are for strictly for those of legal drinking age only.*

It’s All In The Details

• Title: Thief of Lies
  • Author: Brenda Drake
  • Publisher: Entangled Teen
  • Pub Date: January 5, 2016
  • Pages: 400

Goodreads Description:

17669243Gia Kearns would rather fight with boys than kiss them. That is, until Arik, a leather clad hottie in the Boston Athenaeum, suddenly disappears. While examining the book of world libraries he abandoned, Gia unwittingly speaks the key that sucks her and her friends into a photograph and transports them into a Paris library, where Arik and his Sentinels—magical knights charged with protecting humans from the creatures traveling across the gateway books—rescue them from a demonic hound.

Jumping into some of the world’s most beautiful libraries would be a dream come true for Gia, if she weren’t busy resisting her heart or dodging an exiled wizard seeking revenge on both the Mystik and human worlds. Add a French flirt obsessed with Arik and a fling with a young wizard, and Gia must choose between her heart and her head, between Arik’s world and her own, before both are destroyed.

Thief of Lies Library Tour

Scroll over the pictures for library names and locations.

About Brenda Drake

brenda-drake-author-photo1Brenda Drake is a New York Times bestselling author of Thief of Lies (Library Jumpers #1), Guardian of Secrets (Library Jumpers #2), Touching Fate (Fated Series #1), and Cursing Fate (Fated Series #2). She grew up the youngest of three children, an Air Force brat, and the continual new kid at school. She hosts workshops and contests for writers such as Pitch Wars and Pitch Madness on her blog, and holds Twitter pitch parties on the hashtag, #PitMad. When she’s not writing or hanging out with her family, she haunts libraries, bookstores, and coffee shops, or reads someplace quiet and not at all exotic (much to her disappointment). Look for her upcoming novels, Thunderstruck, Seeking Fate (Fated Series #3), and Assassin of Truths (Library Jumpers #3) coming soon from Entangled Teen.

Have you read Thief of Lies and it’s sequel Guardian of Secrets yet? What are your thoughts on these books? If you could visit one of these stunning libraries, which one would it be?

1. Mandy says:

That purple on the wine matches so ridiculously perfect. Your wine pairing skills are so amazing, Krysti! And those libraries gave me such massive goals. ❤ Fantastic post, Krysti!

I just have a fabulous wine store to give me loads of inspiration. 🙂 And, IKR?! Those libraries! Talk about swoon worthy! Thanks, Mandy!

1. Mandy says:

A fabulous wine store AND bookstore? I can’t handle this. 😄 I might be needing to take a trip to Utah soon. 😄 I must go back up to stare at the libraries now.

Well, fabulous wine store by Utah standards is probably not fabulous wine store by anyone else’s standards. LOL. We have insane liquor laws here. But you should DEFINITELY make a trip out. 🙂

2. otakutwins1 says:

These libraries are so beautiful😍I feel the need to go to these places xD too bad I don’t love near any of them! Ah well, I love this idea 🙂 I haven’t read Thief of Lies but it sounds so good.

Me too! What kills me is that I’ve been to Rome and England and did not visit these libraries! 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m officially not going on another vacation until I’ve finished book 2.

3. Oh. My. God! This is brilliant Krysti! It’s probably the closest we’ll get to library jumping ourselves!🤗

It’s such a fun book! HIGHLY recommend it!

1. I’m already a BIG fan! Have you read the sequel Guardian of Secrets yet?

I haven’t yet just because of some ARCs I need to read, but I’m going to as soon as I can.

3. I think you’ll love it just as much as the first!

4. Azia says:

This is an awesome post! Looks like my travel list has just expanded haha. I’d love to visit ALL those libraries 😀

Thanks so much! I would LOVE to visit them all too!

5. I love what you’ve done with this review! I’ve heard great things about the setting and educating readers about the libraries of the world with this book. You just solidified that for me. 🙂 Why would you say this was a 4-star read for you?

Yes, definitely a 4-Star for me! I wanted to do something different than my usual review for that book, but I did really enjoy it!