Highlights From the The Daughter of the Pirate King Launch Party!

I am so thrilled that we got to attend this event to celebrate the launch of Tricia Levenseller’s The Daughter of the Pirate King. Not only was it A LOT of fun, but I have been dying to get my hands on this book for months, and I’m so excited to finally get to read it!

Tricia was absolutely lovely and did a fantastic presentation about her journey toward becoming a published author. She shared some fun facts with us, so it is my duty to share a few of them with all of you.

• Daughter of the Pirate King is actually the fourth book she’s written.
  • She was able to land an agent after the first book she wrote, which is REALLY impressive.
  • She is a HUGE Pirates of the Caribbean fan. (I’m sure you’re all SUPER surprised by that one.)
  • Also her current agent subbed Daughter of the Pirate King to all the big NYC publishing houses, and they all declined except for the very last two, who both wanted a piece of this awesome pirate action!

After sharing her story, she had one great quote that I think all aspiring writers should write down and keep pinned up somewhere that they’ll see it every day:

“You never know which rejection will be your last.”

About Daughter of the Pirate King

33643994.jpgThere will be plenty of time for me to beat him soundly once I’ve gotten what I came for.

Sent on a mission to retrieve an ancient hidden map—the key to a legendary treasure trove—seventeen-year-old pirate captain Alosa deliberately allows herself to be captured by her enemies, giving her the perfect opportunity to search their ship.

More than a match for the ruthless pirate crew, Alosa has only one thing standing between her and the map: her captor, the unexpectedly clever and unfairly attractive first mate, Riden. But not to worry, for Alosa has a few tricks up her sleeve, and no lone pirate can stop the Daughter of the Pirate King.

The event was down in Provo, Utah, which is a bit of trek for most of us YA and Winers? YA and Winos? I’m not sure which one of those is worse. We’ll go with YA and Wine Book Club members, but a few of us were able to attend and we had a great time, as you can see below.

Tricia’s lovely family also had the place DECKED out, including treasure chests handmade by her dad! Check out all this awesomeness!

I usually share pictures of MY signed books on my posts, but today I had to share a picture of the hubby’s. One of our book club members dubbed him The Book Club Hubz, since he pours the wine at all the meetings and holds our books at all the events. Needless to say, I don’t think that nickname is going anywhere anytime soon.

25 thoughts on “Highlights From the The Daughter of the Pirate King Launch Party!

1. ignitedmoth says:

Aw, I love this post so much! 🙂 This party looks like it was so much fun. I love the decorations and everything about it. I really like how the theme of the book is heavily reflected in the theme of the party. Thanks for sharing, and major congrats to your friend. That is amazing and she must be so proud and happy.

• YAandWine says:

Thank you! It was such a blast! Tricia is such a star. The decorations were amazing. I’m SUPER excited for Tricia! I’ve heard nothing but incredible things about this book and can’t wait to start it tonight!!!

2. Mandy says:

I was a bit concerned about Tricia’s quote for a second until I realized its epicness. I think it was fantastic, but it sounded so dramatic at first. And omigosh, her family did such an amazing job. So much love and support! ❤ I cracked up with The Book Club Hubz. Yeah, poor hubs will have that super catchy nickname for a while. XD Does he at least get into the discussions or just holds the books? Fantastic, fantastic post, Krysti!!

• YAandWine says:

Hahaha! I didn’t think about the quote THAT way, but that is SUPER funny, Mandy! Hahaha. Yeah, the hubz definitely gets into the discussions (not that he actually reads the books). 🙂 But he loves every second of it. And thank you! ❤

3. onceuponabookishnerd says:

That is so Awesome!!! I am super excited for the book too and can’t wait to read what you think about it! All the decorations and props were great and I love the nickname of The Book club Hubz! You definitely have me excited to pick the book up!

• YAandWine says:

Oh, thank you! The decorations were amazing. Her family was so cute and TALENTED! I was totally impressed. Hahaha, I love that nickname too! It is so fitting. I hope you get to read it soon. I’m about 1/3 of the way through it now, and it’s REALLY fun. Super quick read too.