Highlights From the The Daughter of the Pirate King Launch Party!

I am so thrilled that we got to attend this event to celebrate the launch of Tricia Levenseller’s The Daughter of the Pirate King. Not only was it A LOT of fun, but I have been dying to get my hands on this book for months, and I’m so excited to finally get to read it!

Tricia was absolutely lovely and did a fantastic presentation about her journey toward becoming a published author. She shared some fun facts with us, so it is my duty to share a few of them with all of you.

• Daughter of the Pirate King is actually the fourth book she’s written.
  • She was able to land an agent after the first book she wrote, which is REALLY impressive.
  • She is a HUGE Pirates of the Caribbean fan. (I’m sure you’re all SUPER surprised by that one.)
  • Also her current agent subbed Daughter of the Pirate King to all the big NYC publishing houses, and they all declined except for the very last two, who both wanted a piece of this awesome pirate action!

After sharing her story, she had one great quote that I think all aspiring writers should write down and keep pinned up somewhere that they’ll see it every day:

“You never know which rejection will be your last.”

About Daughter of the Pirate King

33643994.jpgThere will be plenty of time for me to beat him soundly once I’ve gotten what I came for.

Sent on a mission to retrieve an ancient hidden map—the key to a legendary treasure trove—seventeen-year-old pirate captain Alosa deliberately allows herself to be captured by her enemies, giving her the perfect opportunity to search their ship.

More than a match for the ruthless pirate crew, Alosa has only one thing standing between her and the map: her captor, the unexpectedly clever and unfairly attractive first mate, Riden. But not to worry, for Alosa has a few tricks up her sleeve, and no lone pirate can stop the Daughter of the Pirate King.

The event was down in Provo, Utah, which is a bit of trek for most of us YA and Winers? YA and Winos? I’m not sure which one of those is worse. We’ll go with YA and Wine Book Club members, but a few of us were able to attend and we had a great time, as you can see below.

Tricia’s lovely family also had the place DECKED out, including treasure chests handmade by her dad! Check out all this awesomeness!

I usually share pictures of MY signed books on my posts, but today I had to share a picture of the hubby’s. One of our book club members dubbed him The Book Club Hubz, since he pours the wine at all the meetings and holds our books at all the events. Needless to say, I don’t think that nickname is going anywhere anytime soon.

1. litthis says:

Looks fun, I can’t wait to read this book!

It sounds like so much fun! I’m starting it tonight, and I’m so excited!

2. Christy Jane says:

I love everything about this!

Thank you, Christy! We’re so lucky in our areas to get to have so many author events.

3. ravenblake99 says:

Love this post! ❤ Just finished reading this book and I loved it! I can't wait for the second book! 🙂

Oh, I’m so glad to hear that you loved it! I am dying to get home to start it tonight!

4. ezinwanyi13 says:

I love your pics and your smile. I always see how happy and how much fun you are having

Thank you! Author events are my favorite!

5. mrericness says:

Any occasion for which one may dress like a pirate is good one! Cheers!

Could not agree more! Cheers!

6. ignitedmoth says:

Aw, I love this post so much! 🙂 This party looks like it was so much fun. I love the decorations and everything about it. I really like how the theme of the book is heavily reflected in the theme of the party. Thanks for sharing, and major congrats to your friend. That is amazing and she must be so proud and happy.

Thank you! It was such a blast! Tricia is such a star. The decorations were amazing. I’m SUPER excited for Tricia! I’ve heard nothing but incredible things about this book and can’t wait to start it tonight!!!

7. ChandaReads says:

How fun! There are hardly ever any book events around me so I love living vicariously through the blogging community! 🙂

We’re super lucky to have The King’s English right here. They’re this amazing indie bookshop that brings all the big authors here. Their book events are always a blast.

8. Mandy says:

I was a bit concerned about Tricia’s quote for a second until I realized its epicness. I think it was fantastic, but it sounded so dramatic at first. And omigosh, her family did such an amazing job. So much love and support! ❤ I cracked up with The Book Club Hubz. Yeah, poor hubs will have that super catchy nickname for a while. 😄 Does he at least get into the discussions or just holds the books? Fantastic, fantastic post, Krysti!!

Hahaha! I didn’t think about the quote THAT way, but that is SUPER funny, Mandy! Hahaha. Yeah, the hubz definitely gets into the discussions (not that he actually reads the books). 🙂 But he loves every second of it. And thank you! ❤

9. onceuponabookishnerd says:

That is so Awesome!!! I am super excited for the book too and can’t wait to read what you think about it! All the decorations and props were great and I love the nickname of The Book club Hubz! You definitely have me excited to pick the book up!

Oh, thank you! The decorations were amazing. Her family was so cute and TALENTED! I was totally impressed. Hahaha, I love that nickname too! It is so fitting. I hope you get to read it soon. I’m about 1/3 of the way through it now, and it’s REALLY fun. Super quick read too.

10. Hahaha: Book Club Hubz! How does he feel about that? What a wonderful honorific. 🙂 It looks like you had a blast! I can’t wait to read your review.

He LOVES it. LOL. It’s too fitting too. We did have so much fun at that event. I’m almost finished with the book now. Should have a review posted this weekend!

11. I feel The Book Club Hubz is not happy about his new nickname hahaha But hey, at least he got an epically signed copy! 😄

Hahaha, he actually LOVES it. And it suits him so well. He goes to every event, and he pours our wine during book club. He’s basically the best. 🙂

1. Aaw that’s awesome! ^^ I love that he goes along with it hahaha