Get Book Buzzed with Daughter of the Burning City!

This week I am all abuzz with excitement over the upcoming novel Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody! I am already in LOVE with this book just based off of the description and the STUNNING book cover. I cannot wait to get my hands on this beauty, which is set to release on July 25th.

Book Buzzed is my YA and Wine appropriate take on Waiting on Wednesday, which is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Be sure to check out their blog and share the upcoming books your excited about with us each Wednesday!

Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody

30237061A darkly irresistible new fantasy set in the infamous Gomorrah Festival, a traveling carnival of debauchery that caters to the strangest of dreams and desires.

Sixteen-year-old Sorina has spent most of her life within the smoldering borders of the Gomorrah Festival. Yet even among the many unusual members of the traveling circus-city, Sorina stands apart as the only illusion-worker born in hundreds of years. This rare talent allows her to create illusions that others can see, feel and touch, with personalities all their own. Her creations are her family, and together they make up the cast of the Festival’s Freak Show.

But no matter how lifelike they may seem, her illusions are still just that—illusions, and not truly real. Or so she always believed…until one of them is murdered.

Desperate to protect her family, Sorina must track down the culprit and determine how they killed a person who doesn’t actually exist. Her search for answers leads her to the self-proclaimed gossip-worker Luca, and their investigation sends them through a haze of political turmoil and forbidden romance, and into the most sinister corners of the Festival. But as the killer continues murdering Sorina’s illusions one by one, she must unravel the horrifying truth before all of her loved ones disappear.

It’s All in the Details

• Title: Daughter of the Burning City
  • Author: Amanda Foody
  • Publisher: Harlequin Teen
  • Pub Date: July 25, 2017
  • Pages: 384

About the Author

amanda_foody_author_photo_2016.jpgAmanda Foody has always considered imagination to be our best attempt at magic. When she is not writing young adult fantasy about spectacle, extravagance, and prestige, she works as a tax accountant. She lives in Philadelphia, PA with her many siblings and many books.

Her first novel, DAUGHTER OF THE BURNING CITY, will be published by HarlequinTEEN in August 2017. Her second, ACE OF SHADES, will follow in Spring 2018.

Have you added this STUNNING new novel to your TBR list just yet? How intriguing does the premise sound? What 2017 debut novels are you most excited for?

1. Gosh darn it Krysti! You’re killing me here!😕

Haha! It doesn’t come out until July, so you have time. But it is on NetGalley right now. 😀

1. Stop it! You are such an enabler. *Sigh* Okay. I’m heading over right now.

Hahaha! Mission accomplished. 😉

2. I’ve got this on my TBR as well and every time I read the description I’m reminded of why. It sounds so dark and mysterious and magical! I really hope it lives up to it’s description!

I did not realize it was on NetGalley, so thank you for that information! It has since been requested. 😀

It seriously sounds incredible! I think EVERYONE is going to be requesting this one on NetGalley, so best of luck to all of us! I can’t wait to start reading some reviews!

1. It’s such a long time until it’s published, I’m really crossing my fingers on this one! 😀

3. Mandy says:

I took me far too much time to figure out the pun, but it was amazing when I did. OMG, I WANT THIS BOOK SO BAD TOO. That coverrrrrrr is driving me insane alone. Plus, another carnival book!! *deep breaths* Can’t wait to see this new meme every week!! 😀

Hahaha. It’s a bit of a stretch. 🙂 I do want this one SO BAD! It sounds amazing, and yes, GORGEOUS cover!

4. TeacherofYA says:

This is one I’m definitely excited about! Sounds good and I’m a big fan of a lot of Harlequin Teen books!

Halequin does put out some amazing books. Totally agree with that. I can’t wait for this one!

1. TeacherofYA says:

Me too! It looks and sounds amazing! Just finished Garden of a Thorns by Entangled Teen and they print good ones, too, I must say!

I am a fan of Entangled Teen. So many good books this year!

5. I’m so excited for this one! The illusions sound unique and the cover is beautiful. I requested it on NetGalley and am really hoping to get approved.

Me too! It sounds like such a wonderful concept. I requested it too, so fingers crossed!!!

6. yaykisspurr says:

I just requested this on Netgalley though you make me doubt I’ll get it 😉 sounded like the best of the circus/carnival books so far…

I doubt I’ll get it, but may the odds be ever in your favor! 😁

1. yaykisspurr says:

Positive thinking for the win 👍