Waiting on Wednesdays : Blacksouls

I am so, SO excited to read Blacksouls when it comes out next month. I’m a huge fan of all things pirate, and I cannot wait to see what adventures Nicole Castroman takes Teach on in the next installment in this incredible series.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Be sure to check out their blog and share the upcoming books your excited about with us each Wednesday!

new-wow

Blacksouls by Nicole Castroman

30312562Nicole Castroman brings the dangerous pirate ports of the Caribbean to life in this vibrant sequel to Blackhearts—the reimagined origin story of history’s most infamous pirate, Blackbeard.

Edward “Teach” Drummond is setting sail to the Caribbean as first mate on the most celebrated merchant ship in the British fleet—until he rebels against his captain. Mutiny is a capital offense and Teach knows it could cost him his life, but he believes it worth the risk in order to save his crew from the attacking Spanish ships.

Sailing on the same blue waters, Anne barely avoids the Spanish attack, making it safely to Nassau. But lawless criminals, corrupt politics, and dangerous intentions fill the crowded streets of this Caribbean port. Soon, Anne discovers that the man entrusted to keep the peace is quite possibly the most treacherous of them all—and he just happens to hold Teach’s fate in his terrifying hands.

Life and death hang in the balance when Teach and Anne are given a dangerous mission. It’s a mission that will test their love, loyalty and devotion, forcing them down a path neither one could have ever imagined.

The Nitty Gritty:

• Title: Blacksouls
  • Author: Nicole Castroman
  • Publisher: Simon Pulse
  • Pub Date: April 11, 2017
  • Pages: 400

The Pirate Takeover Tour

Nicole will be making a stop here in Salt Lake City during the Pirate Takeover Tour she’s participating in with Tricia Levenseller, author of the fabulous Daughter of the Pirate King. I’m so excited to get to meet here. Check out their tour schedule below to see if they’ll be stopping by a city near you!

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 7.44.31 PM.jpg

About the Author

Authorsmall-e1412610491409.jpgNicole was lucky enough to come with her very own best friend…she has a twin sister who can read her mind and finish her sentences for her.

At the age of 13, she went to Europe for the first time and it changed her life. She loves learning about different people, languages and cultures and speaks fluent German. She knows enough Spanish to get herself into trouble and can still read the Cyrillic alphabet from when she studied Russian.

She received her B.A. from Brigham Young University and has lived in Germany, Austria and two different places called Georgia. One is the country located on the Black Sea. The other is the state of Georgia where she now lives with her handsome husband and two beautiful children who continue to amaze her.

Are you planning on reading Blacksouls when it comes out next month? Are you a fan of Blackhearts? Will you get to see Nicole during her upcoming tour?

1. Angela JC says:

I can’t wait to read this book either!!! I met Nicole at her book launch for Blackhearts and it was so much fun! I’ll be looking out for your thoughts on this book when it releases for sure (:

Oh, awesome! She seems so nice. I love nice authors. Thanks, Angela!

2. Where have I been? I haven’t heard of this series!😕

Oooh, it’s so cool! It’s like a Blackbeard origins story! So neat!

Yay! You’ll have to let me know if you read them. Then we can “fangirl” together. 🙂

3. ignitedmoth says:

This series sounds interesting! Who doesn’t love a good pirate story?? 😉
    PS- I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award!

Agreed! And thank you! I’m going to go check out your post right now! I’m missing so many posts on my reader lately, I don’t know what’s going on. 🤷‍♀️

4. Beware Of The Reader says:

I really need to move to Salt lake City! That’s where all cool things happen LOL
    I loved the town when I visited two years ago and now that I see all the authors you get to meet I’m so jealous! ❤

It’s surprising but it really is such a great place for book lovers. We have an incredible book community here!

5. Ah Matey . . . Two books I certainly be waitin’ on. Arrrrrrr!
    x The Captain

Hahaha! Aye couldn’t agree more! Perfect books for you!

6. ooh pirates are so cool! I’ve never read any books about pirates but that sounds so interesting!

Totally agree! I love me some pirates. You should also check out Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller. It’s so much fun!

7. Eep! Love pirates! How have I not heard of this series before? I have to get on this! Good WoW!

Yes, definitely! Have you read Daughter of the Pirate King?

1. I haven’t, but just looked it up. It looks awesome! I just added it to my TBR pile 😀 Thanks!

Oh, good. I REALLY liked that one a lot. It’s so much fun.

8. Donna says:

I love the cover! It reminds me of the danger sign on bottles of cleaning products, haha!!

Hahaha! I hadn’t thought of that. I do love the cover though. It gets me so excited for the next Pirates movie!