Waiting on Wednesday : Spindle Fire

I have been seeing this book everywhere, and now that we’re two weeks out I can’t wait to get my hands on it! Let’s just say it is definitely on my TBR list for April!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Be sure to check out their blog and share the upcoming books your excited about with us each Wednesday!

new-wow

Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer

Spindle FireHalf sisters Isabelle and Aurora are polar opposites: Isabelle is the king’s headstrong illegitimate daughter, whose sight was tithed by faeries; Aurora, beautiful and sheltered, was tithed her sense of touch and her voice on the same day. Despite their differences, the sisters have always been extremely close.

And then everything changes, with a single drop of Aurora’s blood–and a sleep so deep it cannot be broken.

As the faerie queen and her army of Vultures prepare to march, Isabelle must race to find a prince who can awaken her sister with the kiss of true love and seal their two kingdoms in an alliance against the queen.

Isabelle crosses land and sea; unearthly, thorny vines rise up the palace walls; and whispers of revolt travel in the ashes on the wind. The kingdom falls to ruin under layers of snow. Meanwhile, Aurora wakes up in a strange and enchanted world, where a mysterious hunter may be the secret to her escape . . . or the reason for her to stay.

Spindle Fire is the first book in a lush fantasy duology set in the dwindling, deliciously corrupt world of the fae and featuring two truly unforgettable heroines.

The Nitty Gritty:

• Title: Spindle Fire
  • Author: Lexa Hillyer
  • Publisher: Harper Collins
  • Pub Date: April 11, 2017
  • Pages: 351

About the Author

From Lexa Hillyer’s Website

Lexa Hillyer.jpg

Lexa Hillyer is the author of the upcoming novel Spindle Fire–due out in April 2017–and Proof of Forever, both published by HarperCollins. She is also the author of Acquainted with the Cold (Bona Fide Books), the 2012 gold prize winner of the Foreword Book of the Year Award for Poetry and recipient of the Melissa Lanitis Gregory Poetry Prize. Her work was featured in Best New Poets 2012 and she has received various prizes and honors for poetry. Lexa earned her BA in English from Vassar College and her MFA in Poetry from Stonecoast at the University of Southern Maine. She worked as an editor at both HarperCollins and Penguin, before co-founding creative development company Paper Lantern Lit with New York Times Bestselling author Lauren Oliver. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband and daughter and their very skinny orange tree.

Are you planning on reading Spindle Fire when it comes out next month? Have you read Lexa Hillyer’s other book Proof of Forever or any of her poetry?

1. Lois says:

I am so excited for this book. I’ve seen it floating around the blogosphere and it looks so magical. Definitely my kind of book.

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Me too! I’m excited to finally get a chance to read it!!

2. OMG!! This sounds AMMMMMMMAZING!!! Adding to my GoodReads to-read list now… πŸ™‚

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Right!?! It was an easy pick for my first Waiting on Wednesday post!

3. This is a new book to me– Is it a Sleeping Beauty retelling? It sounds up my alley, that’s for sure. Great post, Sarah!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thank you! I’m thinking it is based on Sleeping Beauty from the description. I didn’t even realize it was a retelling until after I read through the Goodreads details. I’ve only read a few retellings and they’ve been fun!

1. I love fairy tale retellings, but I am really picky about them. It’s easy to stray so far that it isn’t a retelling, and it’s also easy to make it too similar so it’s just the same story in a different setting. Apparently, I’m a harsh critic! O_o

2. SarahYAandWine says:

No. That definitely makes sense. Especially if you’re like me and love fairy tales so much I like them to keep those elements.

4. It isn’t until I come over to YA and Wine that I realize I’m a total book blogger slacker on my dates. THIS COMES OUT IN 2 WEEKS? :O I’ve been waiting for it for so long that I totally didn’t even notice that it was finally going to be here. Also, I didn’t notice there was an epic crown over that N in Spindle. Anyway, it sounds super good as you said, and great post and choice!! πŸ™‚

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thank you!! The cover is super cool! There are lots of little details easily missed! I’m glad it is finally here too because I’ve been seeing it for ages!

1. Yes! πŸ˜€ Can’t wait to actually see it in person to see if there’s even more. πŸ™‚

2. SarahYAandWine says:

Same here!!

5. Somehow I haven’t heard about this one before. It sounds ah-mazing! Seriously, I’d love to get my hands on this one. Thanks for sharing!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

You’re very welcome! It does seem to be one of those not highlighted as much as it should be! Im glad I featured one not as well known as others.

6. I’m waiting on this one too, Krysti! It sounds amazing! πŸ™‚

7. I love family stories and this one, with two sisters where one has to save the other, sounds absolutely fantastic. Adding this to my TBR πŸ™‚

1. SarahYAandWine says:

I love them too! That’s why Caraval is one of my favorites!! I hope this one is just as good!!

1. I still haven’t read Caraval (eek!) but that was one of the things that attracted me to it too πŸ™‚
        And I certainly hope so!

2. SarahYAandWine says:

It’s so good! I hope you enjoy it when you get to it!!

3. Thank you, you too lovely! πŸ’œπŸ˜‰

4. (Spindle Fire, I mean hahaha)

5. (Spindle Fire, I mean hahaha)

6. SarahYAandWine says: