Standalone Sunday: Violet Grenade

standalone-1

Hello, everyone! Can we just say, “Check out that beautiful cover?!” I remember the cover reveal for this book and how I thought to myself just how gorgeous it was. I didn’t realize before researching this read just how many books Victoria Scott has published. I need to get with the program and add them to my TBR pile! Now that we are less than a month out until the release of Violet Grenade, I thought it’d be a fun one to feature on today’s Standalone Sunday post.

Standalone Sunday is a weekly meme created by Megan@bookslayerReads. This meme is about a Standalone book (that is not part of a series) that you loved and would recommend. Be sure to check out her awesome bookish blog!

Violet Grenade by Victoria Scott

VIolet GrenadeDOMINO: A runaway with blood on her hands.

CAIN: A silent boy about to explode.

MADAM KARINA: A woman who demands obedience.

WILSON: The one who will destroy them all.

When Madam Karina discovers Domino in an alleyway, she offers her a position inside her home for entertainers in secluded West Texas. Left with few alternatives and an agenda of her own, Domino accepts. It isn’t long before she is fighting her way up the ranks to gain the madam’s approval. But after suffering weeks of bullying and unearthing the madam’s secrets, Domino decides to leave. It’ll be harder than she thinks, though, because the madam doesn’t like to lose inventory. But then, Madam Karina doesn’t know about the person living inside Domino’s mind.

Madam Karina doesn’t know about Wilson.

Wine Pairing

VG Pairing

I recommend a glass of this Velvety & Soft Blossom Hill Merlot when reading Violet Grenade by Victoria Scott. The description may be reminiscent of Domino’s occupation, but the red cherry and dark berry aroma of this wine will certainly bring out the darker tones of this book.

Will you be adding this to your TBR list?

1. ezinwanyi13 says:

Beautiful cover and wine.
    I am trying to decide between two books: Almost Missed You or It Happens All the Time. Both are Netgalley books.

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Both sound good. I’d probably lean more toward Almost Missed You because Thrillers are fun.

1. ezinwanyi13 says:

Thrillers give me stomach willies and my nerves get bad. But I love them as movies more than rom coms

2. SarahYAandWine says:

Ya. That’s why I like them. I also majored in Criminal Justice so I like all things crazy like that.

2. What a great idea: pairing wine with books. Beautiful looking site, too.

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thank you! It’s been a lot of fun! It started with our book club group.

3. Beware Of The Reader says:

Waiting for Netgalley’s answer … and crossing my fingers 😉 Good choice!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Ooh!! Jealous! I hope you get it so you can tell me how it is!!

1. Beware Of The Reader says:

I do hope too Sarah!

4. ravenblake99 says:

Love this cover! I haven’t heard of this book before and I loved the premise. Adding it to my TBR!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

The cover is gorgeous! I’m glad I could introduce a new book to you!

5. Greg says:

That is a beautiful cover. Love it! Looks like a nice wine to go with…

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thanks!! It’s always fun picking the wine.

6. ooh that sounds interesting. Great job and also great wine pairing haha!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thank you! It was a fun one to put together! 😊

7. That cover is stunning. The blurb has me hooked. I need to know about Wilson! Unfortunately.. I can only drink white wines. Loving these pairings!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Right?! He seems like the most interesting character!! I’ve got a white wine for next Sunday’s pairing 😊 I do like whites more than reds myself.

1. I prefer whites, but the reds trigger migraines we discovered with my food diary.. so now I do not get to explore them anymore. I look forward to seeing which white wine you feature 🙂

2. SarahYAandWine says:

Awe. That is a bummer. I get those depending on my stress levels. They are never fun to deal with.

8. Ugh, Sarah, WordPress ate my wonderful comment to you. As the comments go on, you’ll hear me complain about how mean WordPress is to me as it goes on. 😄
    ANYWAY, I…I don’t know what’s more beautiful: the wine or the book cover. They’re both sooooooo pretty. :O I had heard something vaguely about this in the past few weeks, but I had yet to read the summary (look, I taking a page from your book), but seeing it here, it just seems SO interesting. Might have to investigate this one. Wonderful Standalone Sunday! 😀

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Oh no!! How rude of WordPress! I hadn’t read the description of this book until doing this post but have seen the cover quite a few times. After reading it I definitely wanted to read it more!

1. Yes. WordPress for some odd reason won’t let me comment with my WordPress account but only with my Twitter but it still defaults to my WordPress so if I don’t catch it and switch to Twitter, my comments will go into some unknown WordPress abyss. ANYWAY, yes!! And now with the perfect wine pairing…even more excited. 😄

2. SarahYAandWine says:

Weird! Yes!! Love books and wine so much!

9. Jon says:

That looks like a great combo! The book cover looks very bright.

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thanks!!

1. Jon says:

No problem!

10. LHauser27 says:

Love the color on that cover! 🙂

1. SarahYAandWine says: