Debut Author of the Week: Cale Dietrich

This book sounds like so much fun! Who doesn’t like a good spy novel?! It remind me of a combination of the movies, This Means War and The KingsmanMost of us who love James Bond or Mission Impossible agree that a good “Love Interest” is sure to spice up the story. The catch in this plot though, is that whoever isn’t the chosen Love Interest dies!

About Cale Dietrich

From Cale’s Website:

Cale Dietrich

Cale Dietrich is a YA devotee, lifelong gamer, and tragic pop punk enthusiast. He was born in Perth, grew up on the Gold Coast, and now lives in Brisbane, Australia. The Love Interest is his first novel.

About The Love Interest

love interestThere is a secret organization that cultivates teenage spies. The agents are called Love Interests because getting close to people destined for great power means getting valuable secrets.

Caden is a Nice: The boy next door, sculpted to physical perfection. Dylan is a Bad: The brooding, dark-souled guy, and dangerously handsome. The girl they are competing for is important to the organization, and each boy will pursue her. Will she choose a Nice or the Bad?

Both Caden and Dylan are living in the outside world for the first time. They are well-trained and at the top of their games. They have to be – whoever the girl doesn’t choose will die.

What the boys don’t expect are feelings that are outside of their training. Feelings that could kill them both.

It’s All In The Details

• Title: The Love Interest
  • Author: Cale Dietrich
  • Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
  • Pub Date: May 16, 2017
  • Pages: 384

YA and Wine Pairing

The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich

SallaWine

The combination of Salla’s White & Red wine are a perfect pair to enjoy while reading The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich. The mix of fruit and floral nuances in Salla’s dry White represent Caden, “a nice.” While the slender and velvety body mixed with the spiciness of Salla’s dry Red represent Dylan, “a bad.”

*All wine recommendations are for strictly for those of legal drinking age only.*

What other spy books, YA or otherwise, have you read? Will this be added to your TBR pile?

1. TeacherofYA says:

I think this book sounds awesome. Good choice on the wine!!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thanks! The cover totally caught my eye & then the description kept me interested! It sounds so fun!

2. I’m so excited for this one to be released in May! I love me some good spy stories! I’m a big fan of spy movies but I don’t think I’ve ever read a book about spies (at least I can’t remember) but I’m sure The Love Interest will be great!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

I love spy movies too! I don’t think I’ve read any sly novels either which made this post more fun to put together!!

1. Yay for spies!!! 😀

3. ravenblake99 says:

I’m eagerly waiting for this book! I like spy stories and this sounds very unique 🙂

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Me too! It sounds like a good one.

4. Your wine choices were A+++++, Sarah. They sound like perfection for this story. I’m sooooo excited for it, though. It sounds like it is going to play with tropes so much, and I love that in a book. Can’t wait for it to come out! Wonderful post!!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thank you! The pairing was my favorite part!! I’m so excited for this book too!!