Waiting on Wednesday: Wonder Woman Warbringer

Leigh Bardugo’s much anticipated new novel Wonder Woman Warbringer won’t be released until the end of August, but since it is my MOST anticipated read of 2017, I couldn’t resist doing a Waiting on Wednesday post about it now.

Not to mention, I will (hopefully) be meeting Leigh at YALLWEST next week! YAY!!! And I have this crazy dream that I’ll somehow get to snag an ARC copy of Wonder Woman: Warbringer while I’m there.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Be sure to check out their blog and share the upcoming books your excited about with us each Wednesday!

new-wow

Wine Pairing

I’m so excited for Wonder Woman Warbringer, I’ve already got my wine pairing ready to go! I will be pairing this novel about the world’s ultimate heroine with this Heroine Chardonnay. This wine is feminine and absolutely “unapologetic in its power.”

*All wine recommendations are strictly for those of legal drinking age only.*

Wonder Woman Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo

29749085She will become one of the world’s greatest heroes: WONDER WOMAN. But first she is Diana, Princess of the Amazons. And her fight is just beginning. . . .

Diana longs to prove herself to her legendary warrior sisters. But when the opportunity finally comes, she throws away her chance at glory and breaks Amazon law—risking exile—to save a mere mortal. Even worse, Alia Keralis is no ordinary girl and with this single brave act, Diana may have doomed the world.

Alia just wanted to escape her overprotective brother with a semester at sea. She doesn’t know she is being hunted. When a bomb detonates aboard her ship, Alia is rescued by a mysterious girl of extraordinary strength and forced to confront a horrible truth: Alia is a Warbringer—a direct descendant of the infamous Helen of Troy, fated to bring about an age of bloodshed and misery.

Together, Diana and Alia will face an army of enemies—mortal and divine—determined to either destroy or possess the Warbringer. If they have any hope of saving both their worlds, they will have to stand side by side against the tide of war.

The Nitty Gritty:

• Title: Wonder Woman Warbringer
  • Author: Leigh Bardugo
  • Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
  • Pub Date: August 29, 2017
  • Pages: 368

About the Author

From Leigh Bardugo’s Website

lb-headshot-350Leigh Bardugo is the #1 New York Times bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of Six of Crows, Crooked Kingdom and the Grisha Trilogy: Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm, and Ruin and Rising. She was born in Jerusalem, grew up in Los Angeles, graduated from Yale University, and has worked in advertising, journalism, and most recently, makeup and special effects. These days, she lives and writes in Hollywood where she can occasionally be heard singing with her band.

How excited are you to read Wonder Woman: Warbringer?! Are you going to YALLWEST this year? Have you gotten to meet Leigh before?

1. martinarg says:

This is also one of my most anticipated releases for this year!! I can’t wait and I’m also waiting on the movie 🙂

1. Yes!!! I cannot wait for the movie either. It looks like they did a great job with it!

2. Nice pairing Krysti! This is also one of my most anticipating reads!☺

1. Thank you! I seriously had to search high and low to find that one. I will be scrambling to try to get a copy at YALLWEST.

3. ravenblake99 says:

Leigh Bardugo is my favorite author! I loved Grisha trilogy, and Six of Crows duology and now I can’t wait to devour this new series which sounds pretty amazing. 🙂

1. She is DEFINITELY one of mine. I have a top five I can’t choose between, but she is one of them. I ADORE her books. Her writing is just incredible.

4. SO excited for this one! I’ve never really read a super hero book but this one will be happening!!!!

1. I haven’t either, but I’d read a phone book if it was written by Leigh Bardugo. She’s incredible!

5. LairOfBooks says:

eeeeek! I’m going to need this bottle Kyrsti *adds to To-Do list* I am soooo excited for Warbringer & have been excited in a state of anticipation ever since last year when I attended her event at Strand in my home city NYC. She discussed a bit about Warbringer being very different than what she’s used to but wasn’t allowed to speak on it too much (just enough to give us heart eyes) lol. I am looking forward to seeing her again this June at Bookcon & I’m crossing my fingers for an early copy *excited emoji*

1. Right?! You have no idea how long it took me to find that wine. LOL. Oh, you live by Strand! That’s awesome. So great to live by fabulous bookshops. Good luck getting an ARC at Bookcon! I’ll have my fingers crossed for you if you keep yours crossed for me at YALLWEST! All the good ARC mojo to us!

1. LairOfBooks says:

haha! I could only imagine but it’s a PERFECT match! I used to live 3 train stops away from Strand, now i’m about 1 hour away but it’s Manhattan so I’m always around the area. I am on a mission Kyrsti, last year I slayed with arcs @ Bookcon & had minimal planning. This time I’ve earned my stripes haha! I will def have my fingers crossed for you to score a copy at YALLWEST! ;0)

2. Haha! Prepping for a con seriously feels a little like heading into battle. Thank you and good luck to you again this year, my friend!

3. LairOfBooks says:

6. This is my most anticipated read of 2017 too (well… next to Language of Thorns, lol), it just can’t come fast enough!! Have fun at YALLWest, if you get an ARC I will be forever jealous! 😛

1. Language of Thorns is right up there with this one, but this is THE book for me this year. I’m so excited about it. Thank you! Don’t be jealous. I’m sure I won’t get one. I shall try though!

7. litthis says:

Good pick, I can’t wait for this book too! Enjoy Yallwest and hope you do meet Leigh ❤

1. Aw, thank you! I’m gonna need it. 😅

8. I couldn’t be more excited for this book!! Fingers crossed you get that arc. 🙂

1. Thank you for the good vibes! Wishing you all the good ARC karma as well!

9. If I put out positive thoughts that you will somehow get a Wonder Woman ARC as well, what do you think the chances of you getting one? 😄 You’ve finally got me excited for book releases, but of course, this book just makes me want to hurry up and get it here. Wonderful post!! And love the wine choice. 😀

1. Thank you! I could use some princess positive thoughts! I’m guessing slim to none, but I’m going to try! I was so excited to find that wine. It took me so long. 😅

10. ignitedmoth says:

This is one I’ve really been looking forward to too. 🙂 That is so awesome that you get to meet Leigh Bardugo. How exciting! Also, I love that wine bottle label. Nice match up! 😀

1. Thank you!!! Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that I’ll really get to meet her! 😁

1. ignitedmoth says:

I’ll keep mine crossed for you too because A.) that would be so great for you and I’d be so happy for you and B.) then I get to read about it in your awesome blog! lol It’d be a win-win situation! 😛

2. Hahaha! You are the best! Thank you. 😀

11. I hope you get an ARC and meet her!!! I met her a year and a half ago. She is so nice. I am excited for the WW movie too. It looks so good. I remember watching the tv show when i was a little girl. Yes, I am in my 40s lol.

1. Oh, yay! That’s so awesome you got to meet her, Jolene! I’m in my 30s, so not far behind you. 😉

12. What a perfect wine for this! I do love Chardonnay, but I’m so picky. I’ll have to pick this one up and test it out. Perhaps it’s a new favorite waiting to be discovered?

I am also excited for this book, but I’m a bit confused about the timing since it is being released after the Wonder Woman movie. They aren’t related is my understanding. But I think a lot of people will be confused by the lack of connection. C’est la vie!

1. Thank you! It took me FOREVER to find. I was practically pulling my hair out at the wine store, because I wanted to find THE perfect wine for this one. Yeah, based on the descriptions/previews, the book and movie are certainly very different stories. Was the timing planned in order to take advantage of Wonder Woman hype though? Very possible.

1. Man, how large is your wine store if you spent that long there?! I need to visit your wine store, for sure…

2. Surprisingly large considering the fact that it’s in Utah.

3. 😄 Oh man, I literally laughed aloud at that.

4. The struggle is real, my friend! 😉

13. I’m SO Excited for this book! Leigh Bardugo is one of my favorite authors, I got to meet het at Yallfest and she was so nice. Good luck getting that arc!

1. Oh, my gosh! Me too! That is amazing that you got to meet Leigh! Hooray for you! I am so hoping to meet her this weekend. She is probably my favorite author right now.