Booknerdigans at YALLWEST 2017!!!

YALLWEST was PHENOMENAL, you guys! I cannot recommend going to this event highly enough, and I can’t wait to go again myself. This was my first real book convention, and it was everything I hoped it would be and so much more!

The only downside of going to a convention is that you become instantly addicted. All I want to do now is go to book conventions. I am starting to plan for a couple conventions next year already, YALLWEST and RT.

I got to meet some of my favorite authors, came home with over sixty books (some ARCS, some signed copies), and most importantly, I got to meet some of my FAVORITE book bloggers and friends in person..

I hope to see even more of you guys there next year!

Some of the Authors I Met

Adam Silvera – They Both Die at the EndHistory is All You Left MeMore Happy Than Not

Benjamin Alire SΓ‘enz – Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, and more!

Kasie West – P.S. I Like You, Lucky in Love, By Your Side, The Distance Between Us, and more!

Evelyn Skye – The Crown’s Game, The Crown’s Fate

Erin Summerill – Ever the Hunted, Ever the Brave

Traci Chee – The Reader

Sara B. Larson – Dark Breaks the Dawn, The Defy series

Ally Condie – The Matched series, Atlantia, Summerlost, and more!

My Crew

Hanging with these book bloggers/vloggers was seriously the highlight of my weekend. They are all so smart, talented, and fun! You really need to be following all of them. Check out their links below!

Tales of the Ravenous Reader

BookCrushin

TealReader

Books, Boys, and Blogs!

Shooting Stars Mag

Girl in the Pages

What book conventions have you guys gone to before, or which ones will you be going to? Did you go to YALLWEST this year? Did you have as much fun as I did?

58 thoughts on “Booknerdigans at YALLWEST 2017!!!

1. Lois says:

Yallwest looks like so much fun. I’ve been wanting to go to a book convention for so long. Sadly, London seems to be the only place the UK is willing to do one.

Ah, YALLWEST was amazing. I’m already counting down the days to next year’s event. I’ve heard London has some good cons. We had to fly to get to YALLWEST. It’s about a 13 hour drive from where we live. Luckily we found a great deal on flights.

2. jolenewilsonblog says:

Glad you had a great time. So jealous that you met Benjamin Alire Saenz. I love his books. I hope to meet him someday. YALLWEST is just too far for me. I usually have to drive 3-6 miles to see authors. Enjoy your books!

3. LHauser27 says:

Looks like you had a FANTASTIC time. I love that your family went with you! Ahhhh! Now I’m even more sad I couldn’t go. lol. I’ve been to the LA Times Book Festival many times. I went this year and it just didn’t seem to have the same feel. I think when it moved from UCLA to USC it lost some of its luster. But that may be just because I went to UCLA and I despise USC. haha. Will definitely get to YALLWEST next year. It would have been super fun to meet you πŸ™‚
    Leslie

It was definitely FANTASTIC! I still wish you could have been there, Leslie. It would have been so much fun to meet you! I’ve never been to the LA Times Book Festival, but I’m DEFINITELY going back to YALLWEST next year! So I’ll see you there! πŸ™‚

4. Tiana (The Book Raven) says:

Yall west!!! I wish I could have gone! 😭 seeing all these lovely pictures makes me sad I couldn’t go, but hopefully next year I can for sure!!! It’s not even far from where I live πŸ˜” Next year YALL WEST NEXT YEAR!!! ❀️

We are going next year again, so I REALLY hope you can too! It would be so much fun to meet you in person, Tiana! We got a good deal on flights luckily, because it’s a long drive from SLC! NEXT YEAR!!!! πŸ™‚

5. Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads says:

It looks like you had a great time! I’m really hoping that one of these days I’ll be able to attend YALLWEST because it just looks like SO much fun. The only big book event I’ve ever gone to is the Boston Teen Author Festival which is a ton of fun, but it’s definitely a smaller and less well-known event. I’d love to be able to go to one of these really popular events!

6. The Hermit Librarian says:

I’ve been to one small book event, but it was nothing like this! I’m not sure how well I’d do, what with not knowing where to go, dealing with pushy people in lines, etc., but it looks like a blast. Which arc that you got are you the most excited to read?

It does get a bit claustrophobic with all the people, but it’s mostly all outside, which does help a lot. And most of the people who go are awesome book people, so it’s fun to strike up a conversation with the people around you.

Someone else just commented saying that they’d gone to Boston Teen Author Fest! It was Kourtni. You two should meet up! Book conventions are way better when you can tag team them with other book bloggers!

7. ignitedmoth says:

Woo! I’m glad you had such a great time and got to meet so many awesome writers! πŸ˜€ Looks like a lot of fun. I’ve never gotten to go to an actual book convention before. Horror cons and Comic cons, a couple times, but I think a book convention looks like fun! πŸ™‚