Booknerdigans at YALLWEST 2017!!!

YALLWEST was PHENOMENAL, you guys! I cannot recommend going to this event highly enough, and I can’t wait to go again myself. This was my first real book convention, and it was everything I hoped it would be and so much more!

The only downside of going to a convention is that you become instantly addicted. All I want to do now is go to book conventions. I am starting to plan for a couple conventions next year already, YALLWEST and RT.

I got to meet some of my favorite authors, came home with over sixty books (some ARCS, some signed copies), and most importantly, I got to meet some of my FAVORITE book bloggers and friends in person..

I hope to see even more of you guys there next year!

Some of the Authors I Met

Adam Silvera – They Both Die at the EndHistory is All You Left MeMore Happy Than Not

Benjamin Alire SΓ‘enz – Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, and more!

Kasie West – P.S. I Like You, Lucky in Love, By Your Side, The Distance Between Us, and more!

Evelyn Skye – The Crown’s Game, The Crown’s Fate

Erin Summerill – Ever the Hunted, Ever the Brave

Traci Chee – The Reader

Sara B. Larson – Dark Breaks the Dawn, The Defy series

Ally Condie – The Matched series, Atlantia, Summerlost, and more!

My Crew

Hanging with these book bloggers/vloggers was seriously the highlight of my weekend. They are all so smart, talented, and fun! You really need to be following all of them. Check out their links below!

Tales of the Ravenous Reader

BookCrushin

TealReader

Books, Boys, and Blogs!

Shooting Stars Mag

Girl in the Pages

What book conventions have you guys gone to before, or which ones will you be going to? Did you go to YALLWEST this year? Did you have as much fun as I did?

1. Lois says:

Yallwest looks like so much fun. I’ve been wanting to go to a book convention for so long. Sadly, London seems to be the only place the UK is willing to do one.

1. Ah, YALLWEST was amazing. I’m already counting down the days to next year’s event. I’ve heard London has some good cons. We had to fly to get to YALLWEST. It’s about a 13 hour drive from where we live. Luckily we found a great deal on flights.

2. Glad you had a great time. So jealous that you met Benjamin Alire Saenz. I love his books. I hope to meet him someday. YALLWEST is just too far for me. I usually have to drive 3-6 miles to see authors. Enjoy your books!

1. Thanks, Jolene! Oh my gosh, I LOVE that man! I also love his books. Getting to meet him was surreal, and he is just the nicest, most amazing person. I hope you get to meet him someday soon too!

3. LHauser27 says:

Looks like you had a FANTASTIC time. I love that your family went with you! Ahhhh! Now I’m even more sad I couldn’t go. lol. I’ve been to the LA Times Book Festival many times. I went this year and it just didn’t seem to have the same feel. I think when it moved from UCLA to USC it lost some of its luster. But that may be just because I went to UCLA and I despise USC. haha. Will definitely get to YALLWEST next year. It would have been super fun to meet you πŸ™‚
    Leslie

1. It was definitely FANTASTIC! I still wish you could have been there, Leslie. It would have been so much fun to meet you! I’ve never been to the LA Times Book Festival, but I’m DEFINITELY going back to YALLWEST next year! So I’ll see you there! πŸ™‚

4. Wowww looks like you had a fantastic time at Yallwest!!! I’ve been following the author’s tweets and I was gutted that I couldn’t be there! It looked like a lot of fun! πŸ™‚

1. It was incredible. I can’t wait for next year’s event. That would be so fun if you could go! I’d love to meet you IRL.

1. Aw that would be so lovely! I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

5. Benjamim Alire Saenz! you’re so lucky I wish I can go to one some day (:

1. Oh my gosh, that man is amazing! I absolutely adore him. πŸ™‚ I hope you can go someday too!

1. Me too! that’s awesome!

6. I’m so glad you had such a wonderful time Krysti!

1. Thank so much, Kim! <3<3<3

7. Yall west!!! I wish I could have gone! 😭 seeing all these lovely pictures makes me sad I couldn’t go, but hopefully next year I can for sure!!! It’s not even far from where I live πŸ˜” Next year YALL WEST NEXT YEAR!!! ❀️

1. We are going next year again, so I REALLY hope you can too! It would be so much fun to meet you in person, Tiana! We got a good deal on flights luckily, because it’s a long drive from SLC! NEXT YEAR!!!! πŸ™‚

8. jennanicolee says:

YALLWEST looks amazing! Meeting both authors and bookbloggers would be such a treat! I really need to attend a book event someday. Great post!

1. I cannot recommend YALLWEST/YALLFEST highly enough. I had such an incredible time. I hope you get to go sometime soon! Thank you! πŸ™‚

9. Awesome photos Krysti! It looks like so much fun, and I am officially even more jealous! Thanks for sharing the experience with us!

1. Thanks, Bentley! It was such a great time. I love sharing pics of events, but I wish there were more in different locations, so everyone could actually go and enjoy them themselves.

10. Glad you had a great time and got to meet so many amazing authors!!!!

1. Thanks so much. It was truly an incredible experience. Now I can’t wait to go to another book convention.

11. This sounds like a lot of fun, glad you had such a great time. I hope to go to a book convention sometime though where I live there arent any 😦

1. Thank you! I hope you get to go to one sometime soon! They are just a blast.

12. ezinwanyi13 says:

I’ve never heard of YA fest. I’ve been to YA panels at RT

1. RT would be fun! I’m going to try to go to that in 2018, since it’s pretty close by.

13. meltotheany says:

I love this post so much! Great pictures, books, authors, everything! I might have to make the drive and go next year, just because of this post alone! ❀

1. Thank you so much! It was such a great time! I hope you do go next year. I’ll definitely be there, so maybe we’ll see each other! πŸ™‚

14. AHHH! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I’m so jealous of all the authors you got to meet ❀
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

1. It was wonderful! Thanks so much for commenting, Megan!

15. Christy Luis says:

You met so many awesome people! No wonder you’re addicted πŸ˜€ Thanks for the pics!

1. It was incredible! Thanks so much for commenting, Christy!

1. Christy Luis says:

Sure! I forgot to mention I enjoyed looking through all the linked blogs. I really appreciated the list- ya blogs are so much fun to follow πŸ˜€

2. I’m so glad to hear that! They are great bloggers. A couple of them have been blogging since 2009, so they REALLY know their stuff.

16. Wow, it looks like you had so much fun! 😁 Forever wishing they did some good book conventions in the UK πŸ’”

1. It was fantastic! I hope they have some good ones for you there soon! I’ve heard of some happening in London, but I’m not sure how far away that is for you.

17. It looks like you had a great time! I’m really hoping that one of these days I’ll be able to attend YALLWEST because it just looks like SO much fun. The only big book event I’ve ever gone to is the Boston Teen Author Festival which is a ton of fun, but it’s definitely a smaller and less well-known event. I’d love to be able to go to one of these really popular events!

1. Oh, I’ve heard of Boston Teen Author Festival. That one does sound fun! Any author event is fun really, but yes, YALLWEST is incredible. I can’t wait to go again! Hope you can too!

18. I’ve been to one small book event, but it was nothing like this! I’m not sure how well I’d do, what with not knowing where to go, dealing with pushy people in lines, etc., but it looks like a blast. Which arc that you got are you the most excited to read?

1. It does get a bit claustrophobic with all the people, but it’s mostly all outside, which does help a lot. And most of the people who go are awesome book people, so it’s fun to strike up a conversation with the people around you.

19. ashley says:

I’ve only gone to Boston Book Fest as it is more local, I’m going again this year and I’m also going to Boston Teen Author Fest.

1. Someone else just commented saying that they’d gone to Boston Teen Author Fest! It was Kourtni. You two should meet up! Book conventions are way better when you can tag team them with other book bloggers!

20. Oooooooh, this looks ridiculously fun! πŸ˜„ Can I also say how much I love how you got Book Club Hubz into the Kasie West enjoyment picture? We will convert him into a fluffy lover yet! (probably not, but still XD) Wonderful recap, Krysti and I’m so super glad you had an amazing time! πŸ˜€

1. Hahaha. That is probably my favorite picture! Katie West is AWESOME. I’m even more excited for our buddy read after meeting her! Thanks, Mandy! <3<3<3

1. Yes! πŸ˜€ It was quite wonderful. And ik. o.o The feels and wine will be flowing. πŸ˜„

2. Gonna be great!! M! ❀️🍷❀️🍷❀️🍷

21. ignitedmoth says:

Woo! I’m glad you had such a great time and got to meet so many awesome writers! πŸ˜€ Looks like a lot of fun. I’ve never gotten to go to an actual book convention before. Horror cons and Comic cons, a couple times, but I think a book convention looks like fun! πŸ™‚

1. Thank you! It really was amazing! I’ve never been to a Comic Con, which is ridiculous. I need to go. I get weird about big crowds, but if it’s for a book convention, suddenly I don’t care. LOL.

1. ignitedmoth says:

Haha, I’m the same way! Big crowds really get to me, but if it’s something I’m really into I pretty much have to force myself to do it and then wind up having a blast. πŸ™‚

2. That’s exactly how I feel about it.

22. I am so glad this was such a positive experience! It looks incredibly fun πŸ™‚ I have yet to make it to a convention.

1. Thank you so much! I hope you go to one soon! They are SO much fun!

1. We have several nearby I believe. So as soon as my health allows, I am all over it πŸ™‚

2. Oh, I hope you feel well soon! Sending you good all the good healing vibes!

3. Thank you so much πŸ™‚

23. I can’t believe we have to wait an entire year for another YallWest either! I am addicted!! I am hoping to make my way out to RT next year too…

1. I know. The suspense is KILLING me already. It was totally exhausting but also the most incredible weekend. We’re going to RT too, so I hope you make it!