Brooding YA Heroes!

My fellow readers, get ready to get your swoon on! I am so excited to get to be part of the Brooding YA Hero’s Street Team. What is Brooding YA Hero, you ask? Well, Brooding YA Hero’s Guide to Achieving Main Character Status is an AWESOME book scheduled to release in October, book details below. The Brooding YA Hero is also a Twitter account that you NEED to be following. It is absolutely hilarious and oh so swoony!!! Follow Broody McHottiepants here!

In honor of Broody, I’m going to be featuring some of my favorite books that, of course, include brooding YA heroes. I’m a huge fan of all of the Shadowhunters books, and Cassandra Clare has some of the best broody love interests in all of her novels. Here are a few of my favorites!

Broody Shadowhunter Boys

256683

Jace Wayland – Between his rather, ummm, complicated relationship with his father, his sometimes fraught relationship with his adoptive family, and his forbidden love for another character in the series, Jace can certainly brood with the best of them.

10025305.jpg

Will Herondale – If having a curse put on you that guarantees that anyone who loves you will die won’t turn you into a brooding YA hero, I don’t really know what will. Will has to keep everyone he loves at arms length in an attempt to keep them from returning his feelings, while also playing up the whole debauchery-loving, bad-boy role.

51arPt61WqL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Simon Lewis – There’s nothing like an unrequited love to fuel one’s inner broodiness. As if that weren’t enough, try being an outcast amongst humans and downworlders alike! Poor, Simon!

COLS_cover,_repackaged

Alec Lightwood – As if being gay in an underworld that refuses to accept you for you are weren’t enough, Alec also happens to fall in love with boys who are forbidden to him, either by the ever-watchful Clave or his own family.

About Brooding YA Hero’s Guide to Achieving Main Character Status

Have you ever wished you could receive a little guidance from your favorite book boyfriend? Ever dreamed of being the Chosen One in a YA novel? Want to know all the secrets of surviving the dreaded plot twist?
Or maybe you’re just really confused about what “opal-tinted, luminous cerulean orbs” actually are?
Well, popular Twitter personality @broodingYAhero is here to help as he tackles the final frontier in his media dominance: writing a book. Join Broody McHottiepants as he attempts to pen Brooding YA Hero’s Guide to Achieving Main Character Status, a “self-help” guide (with activities–you always need activities) that lovingly pokes fun at the YA tropes that we roll our eyes at, but secretly love.
As his nefarious ex, Blondie DeMeani, attempts to thwart him at every turn, Broody overcomes to detail, among other topics, how to choose your genre, how to keep your love interest engaged (while maintaining lead character status), his secret formula for guaranteed love triangle success, and how to make sure you secure that sequel, all while keeping his hair perfectly coiffed and never breaking a sweat.

Book Details

• Title: Brooding YA Hero’s Guide to Achieving Main Character Status
  • Author: Carrie Ann DiRisio
  • Publisher: Sky Pony Press
  • Pub Date: October 3, 2017

Who are some of your favorite Brooding YA Heroes? What authors do you think have the best broody characters in their books? Have you added this book to your TBR list yet?

1. Oooh that seems like a cool book to read! Your list of broody guys are just ACE 👌🏻!! A broody character that suddenly popped into both of our minds (yep both of us 😉) was Rowan Whitethorn from Throne of Glass series… There’s more we are sure but yep that popped up right away!

1. It REALLY does, doesn’t it?! Oh my gosh, yes! Rowan is a perfect Broody book boyfriend!

2. Loved reading this post! It’s funny how you found so many broody characters within the Shadowhunter world alone! 😀 It’s nice to know you’re a Broody BFF as well!

1. Thank you! I’m a HUGE Shadowhunters fan, so these guys were the first ones to pop into my mind, but there are A LOT of them out there. Hence Broody’s Twitter success. 🙂

1. You’re welcome!
        That’s so true! 😉

3. If I might make a suggestion…the cover you chose for Will, was actually Jem’s cover. Just letting you know!
    And the character on the City of Glass cover is Simon? Thank you for clearing that up! I couldn’t tell who that was!

1. See I go back and forth on the City of Glass and City of Lost Souls covers, because the characters are different on the original covers. I think that one is Simon and the Lost Souls is Alec, because of the bow and arrow. But I’m not 100% sure. Also, the Shadowhunter Academy book, would you say that’s George on the cover? That’s what I was thinking, but wasn’t sure.

1. Oh, that makes sense! I was making the same mistake too (because of the original covers). But I would lean towards COLS having Alec on the cover. But COG doesn’t really look like Simon to me…I may have to do research.
        And I haven’t read the Shadowhunter Academy yet, sorry!

2. Let me know if you find out! Simon is the only person I can think of that that would be. Also, you’re totally right about Will/Jem. I will say no more about Shadowhunter Academy then. 🙂

3. I’ll let you know (if I ever find out). And no problem! And thanks; I do want to read it sometime in the future.

4. I loved those stories. Highly recommend to any Shadowhunter fan. 🙂

4. Blondie DeMeani. 😄 Oh gosh, I can see this book be tropey goodness at its best. While I saw he had a book coming out, I’ve never seen an actual summary for it, so I’m excited. 😀 And I am sadly behind on my Shadowhunter love, but I do agree Will was brilliant and so very broody. He was definitely my favorite (so sorry, Jem D:). Wonderful post! 😀

1. Oh my gosh! I CANNOT wait to read it! I’m sure it will be hilarious and super fun. Will was by far my favorite too! So no worries. 🙂 Apparently, I like more broody characters too!

1. Oh yay. 😄 He was ridiculously epic. And the whole duck thing. 😄 But yes, the broodier…I guess the better. 😄

5. Oooh I follow this Twitter account! It cracks me up hahaha
    Good to know a book is coming out soon 🙂 I’ll be looking forward to reading it!

1. Oh my gosh, Broody is the best! He’s tweets slay me! I cannot wait to read it! 🙂

6. TeacherofYA says:

I love @BroodingYAHero!!

7. ashley says:

Harry Potter in OOTP is definitely the broody YA hero.

1. Oh my gosh, yeah he is!!! There are some pretty incredible broody characters in the HP series now that I think about it…

1. ashley says:

There really is, it’s kinda crazy that Harry Potter fits pretty much anything.

2. It’s so true. Probably because that world was just so well-developed. I’m honestly not convinced that J.K. Rowling is a Muggle. The more I’ve studied and learn about those books, the more they blow my mind!

3. ashley says:

OMG, I’ve been thinking the same thing about Rowling too! I re-read the books every December, there’s just something cozy about them that makes them the perfect December reads.

4. That’s awesome that you re-read them every year! That’s a lot of pages in a month, so good for you! They are perfect for December. I totally agree with that.

5. ashley says:

It also only takes me two days to read each book because I’ve read them so many times!

8. Jazz says:

Oh my god, that Twitter account is AMAZING! I only had to read two tweets before I knew it was a must-follow 😛

1. Hahaha! Yay! I’m so glad you’ve discovered the joys of Broody’s Twitter account. It’s one of my favorites!

9. Beware Of The Reader says:

My broody characters: Magnus from Falling Kingdom; Fynch from All The Bright Places (he is broody at times), Lucas Parker from Shadow Falls.

1. Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing those. I’ve never read any of those books before actually, but I definitely need to!

1. Beware Of The Reader says:

Nooo! You have never read Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes? I promise you’ll love it Kyrsti it’s right up your alley 😉

2. I haven’t, but it definitely sounds like I need to! 🙂

10. I’ve been following Broody McHottiepants for a while now, and the posts are just on point! I haven’t read any of these books yet, but I trust your descriptions. Sound broody! 😉 I can’t wait to read this book– I hope to laugh so hard I cry.

1. Broody’s posts are the absolute best! Such a fantastic idea! I have pretty much the same expectation going into the book. I don’t think we’ll be disappointed.

11. You know, I never though of Simon as broody but… you may be right. Haha. Also this twitter and book sound HILARIOUS and therefore I’m going to check them out ASAP. Thanks for sharing!

1. Hahaha. To me he has his nerdy, funny guy moments, and his broody moments. It depends on the book really. Broody’s Twitter is AMAZING! 🙂

1. Now that I think about it, he definitely does! I guess I was just too distracted by broody Jace and broodier Alec to notice. Haha.

2. Right?! Mortal Instruments has a whole lot of brood going on!

Liked by 2 people

12. Ugh, Shadowhunter boys are everything ❤ Some of my favorite, unmentioned heroes, definitely include Dimitri from VA, Rowan from ToG, Wolf from the Lunar Chronicles (because I adore him and I don't think he's talked about enough), and many, many more. My list could go on for miles! ❤

Awesome post : D

1. RIGHT?! Those are some fantastic, broody book boyfriends you’ve listed there. It’s true. As much as The Lunar Chronicles are discussed, you would think that you’d see more about Wolf. I haven’t thought about that before. Thank you, Samantha! <3<3<3

13. joreadsalot says:

What a great post. I basically died over this title. So much fun and I can’t wait to read the book coming out on Oct 3. That should be hilarious.

1. I am SO excited to read that book. I adore Broody! Definitely one of my very favorite Twitter accounts to follow.

1. joreadsalot says:

Yeah I went and followed and I am having a great time there. I am sure the book is going to be a riot so I can’t to read it either. 😆❤️

2. Oh, awesome! I’m so glad to hear that. I’m seriously counting down the days for that one!

14. I’ve never read any of the Shadow Hunter books 🙈

1. Well it is never too late to start. They are so much fun! But I’d definitely recommend starting with Clockwork Angel.

15. LHauser27 says:

Hi! I’m so excited to read this book. I think it’s going to be funny 🙂
    Leslie

1. Hi!!! Me too. I can’t wait! I think it will be hilarious!