The Princess Book Tag

I first saw this book tag when I got a notification in my inbox that there was a new post by Book Princess Reviews, and I instantly fell in love. Then Krysti asked me if I would like to participate in the tag this month as one of my featured posts. How could I pass that up?! I live and breath Disney princess, from the Belle sheets I had growing up to the Jasmine costume I wore for one or two Halloween’s. I couldn’t wait to put this post together!!

THE RULES

• Mention where you saw the tag/thank whoever tagged you because that’s always good fun
  • Tag Book Princess Reviews and Zuky with our posts so we can check out the wonderful Princess fun throughout the blog world (Book Princess’s link and Zuky’s is here.)
  • Play a game of tag at the end!

snow-white

SNOW WHITE

THIS BOOK (LIKE THE MOVIE) STARTED IT ALL

Favorite Debut Book From an Author
27883214

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

There are no words to describe how beautiful this book is. The setting is magical, the characters unique, and you can’t help but fall into the mystery that is Caraval.

cinderella tag

CINDERELLA

A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

Just Like Cinderella, You Either Didn’t Expect Much Out of This Character in the Beginning But Turned Out to Be a Total Jem
ember ashes
Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
This book has one of my favorite surprise characters, and that is Helene. Throughout this book I fell in love with her and her mental and physical strength. I honestly think I love her character more than Laia’s, because she’s so dynamic and hardcore! I’ve enjoyed getting to know her character as this series has progressed, and I can’t wait to read more about her in the next installment!

aurora

AURORA

SLEEPING BEAUTY

A Book That Makes You Sleepy or Just Could Not Hold Your Attention

bone witch

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
I thought that this book had an interesting concept, but by the time I hit 100 pages, not much had happened. I struggled to get through it and ended up DNF’ing it. I rarely do that, but this one just couldn’t keep my attention long enough. I really wanted to love it, especially with a cover like that. Maybe I’ll give it another shot in the future.

ariel tag

ARIEL

UNDER THE SEA

A Book With a Water/Ocean Setting
21936937
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
Blackhearts is a Blackbeard origin story like no other. I thought Castroman did a great job at creating an origin story that is believable, especially with a pirate like Blackbeard. Anne and Teach’s relationship is adorable, and I really enjoyed reading their love story.

belle tag

BELLE

BEAUTY AND THE BOOKS

Name a Book With the Best Bookworm/Book Lover
 HP.jpg
 Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Hermione Granger is the most prolific book lover of YA in my opinion. There are few that can compete with her dedication to her academics, which require an immense amount of reading. I love that J.K. Rowling added such a dymamic character who loves learning, because it’s important for kids and young adults to see that, especially with how big a role technology plays in society these days.

jasmine

JASMINE

THE THIEF AND THE PRINCESS

Name a Book with an Unlikely Love Story (Either in Terms of Romance or a Book You Didn’t Expect to Love So Much)

And I Darken by Kiersten White
What if Vlad the Impaler were a woman? Find out in this retelling/gender swap YA Fantasy. I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book, because it is based on a story I’m not too familiar with, but I was surprised by how much I loved it! The setting, time period, and gender swap was so intriguing and very well done.

poch

POCAHONTAS

THE REAL LIFE PRINCESS

Name a Book that is Based on a Real Life Person You Want to Read/Have Read
jack ripper
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
I loved this book! As a Criminal Justice major, I have a huge interest in Jack the Ripper. I find the case so fascinating and the fact that he’s/she’s never been identified makes stories like this one even more exciting to read. I’m always down for a good theory on who Jack the Ripper could have been! The ending had a twist I did not see coming!

mulan

MULAN

THE PRINCESS THAT SAVED HER COUNTRY

Name the Fiercest Heroine You Know
16034235
 Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I love Celeana Sardothian so much! She’s not only brave but extremely cunning, witty, and full of surprises. She totally has the backs of everyone close to her, and even when you don’t think she knows what she’s doing, she always pulls through! Her character is dynamic, and the plans that she puts in motion are extraordinary. Never underestimate her!

tiana tag

TIANA

THE PRINCESS WITH THE COOLEST AND MOST DIVERSE CREW

Name a diverse book whether it is a diverse set of characters (like Tiana’s group of Naveen, Louis, Ray, and more) or just diverse in general
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon IMG_8091.JPG
I love this series so much that I had to include a photo of all of the covers! Each character in this series is so unique that you can’t help but love them all. There is such a huge variety of clairvoyants who come together to fight those who see them as a threat. You also have the Rapheim who’s mysterious connection to the modern world makes the story even more intriguing! I can’t wait for more installments of this series to hit shelves everywhere!!

rapunzel

RAPUNZEL

LET YOUR LONGGGGGG HAIR DOWN

Name the Longest Book You’ve Ever Read
ACOWAR
 A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
This book is the longest YA book I’ve read at 699 pages.

merida

MERIDA

I DETERMINE MY OWN FATE

A Book Where There is No Love Story/Interest or Isn’t Needed

28243032

We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
This book is so beautiful. It is moving and developed so well that you experience every emotion Marin is feeling throughout the book. Nina did an amazing job at showing the effects grief can have on a person and their journey to self-healing. I haven’t read a book with such depth in a long while. It was very refreshing.

ANNA/ELSA

FROZEN HEARTS

A Book in a Winter/Cold Setting

snow like ashes

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

Winter has fallen and it’s up to Meira and the last remaining Winterians to get it back. This book is filled with adventure from beginning to end! I hadn’t heard much about this series but the cover caught my attention. When I finally got around to reading it, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was! I plan to finish Frost Like Night as one of my May reads!

moana headMOANA

HOW FAR I’LL GO

A Character That Goes on a Journey
labrynth
Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova
This book was so fun to read. Following Alex on the journey to find her family took us on a wild ride. She passed through what seemed like the underworld. This book was so unique compared to other books that I’ve read. I’m always one for folklore and this book had plenty of it. I’d go on this journey with Alex again!

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR ANSWERS FOR THESE? I’M TAGGING ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PARTICIPATE!!

1. Beware Of The Reader says:

I love your choices Sarah! And love the crown pic too 😉

Thank you!!

2. Totally great picks!! Celeana is truly fierce!! ACOWAR IS LONG – we still have yet to read it, cannot wait!! 😆

1. SarahYAandWine says:

She’s one of my favorites! She’s so dynamic and hardcore!! ACOWAR was good but definitely takes some time to get through!

1. She too is one of our favourite character! 😆 She definitely surprised us many times and pretty sure she continue to! ACOWAR is too big we’ll have to read after exams… ☹

2. SarahYAandWine says:

I read/listened to it and it was so much quicker. Good luck on your finals and reading ACOWAR is definitely a reward for getting through them! 🙂

3. Thanks, we’re gonna need it! That’s part of our motivation – get through exams to read awesome books and finally post something! 😊

4. SarahYAandWine says:

I remember those days! I’m back in school but online is much different. I just do one class at a time. I’m working on my final for the current class I’m working on. It’s so much information!!

5. Pretty hard to do one thing at a time when all exams are done in the same week…uhh… We wish you luck for your finals (and all classes etc) and ace them all with flying colours!! 😊😊🌈

6. SarahYAandWine says:

Awe! Thank you! Good luck to you all as well! 🙂 We’ve totally got this!

7. Yes we do!! If we say it enough time hopefully it’ll come true! 😊

3. Mandy is awesome! I’m glad you got to do her tag! And yes, Caraval is amazing! I can now see the hype! I need some Caraval swag now since it was so good (or ARCs of the first book and the upcoming one). 😉 And a lot of your answers were great! I got to read them!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

I’m glad I got to do it also!! She’s an amazing blogger! I love Caraval! I have some swag, an Arc, and a UK edition. I’m a little obsessed with that book! It’s just so good!!

1. She definitely is! And that’s awesome! I love the cover for the US edition better but I want a UK one just for the inside of the dust jacket! And if I could get a signed bookplate of Stephanie I would be super happy! I want to continue the series so much!

2. SarahYAandWine says:

I didn’t even realize the different dust jackets for the UK edition until I got mine. I got the clock and it’s gorgeous!! I’d love a signed Bookplate from Stephanie or to have her do an event here. Maybe in the future she’ll make a stop! I can’t wait for more Caraval!!

3. Yes! And I want a Tent! Or maybe all 4??? If I could get something signed by Stephanie I would treasure it! Hopefully she’ll be in Nashville one day that I could meet her! 😉

4. Great choices! You mentioned so many books I either love or desperately need to read!!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thank you! It was fun putting it together!!

5. Wow, is it me or does the cover for Black Hearts looks a lot like Passenger?

It does a bit. Although Passenger is much more colorful. 🙂

6. Aditi17 says:

This tag is so fun! Amazing choices. ❤❤

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thank you! It was fun to participate in it!

7. Aditi17 says:

I’ll love to participate in the tag… ❤ Thank you so much!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Awesome!! You’ll definitely have fun with it!

1. Aditi17 says:

Sarah, you’re so sweet! ❤

2. SarahYAandWine says:

Awe! Thank you! You’re sweet too!!

8. Ahh that sounds like so much fun! I’ll probably do it too on my blog because I love it! 😊

1. SarahYAandWine says:

It was a blast to put together!

9. Angela JC says:

This was great! I love the books you chose! I might have to do this for my blog, it seems like a lot of fun 😊

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thank you! It was tons of fun to put together!

10. Loving your picks Krysti! I have Caravel on my Kindle as well as Stalking Jack the Ripper. I just need to find t h e time to read them. And I’ve heard so many great things about the Bone Season series, I think I may have to buy them next month.😊

1. SarahYAandWine says:

You will not regret buying The Bone Series! It’s so good! I hope you enjoy Caraval and Stalking Jack the Ripper when you’re able to get around to reading them!! 😊

11. namitha says:

I loved this tag so so much!!! And ur answers were also really good 😍
    I love Disney princesses too and I may do this tag soon… it was so nicely done…
    I love caraval too and it’s one of my favourite books😄… I read it 2 days and I remember dreaming about the book for 3 nights straight… no other book has given me that kind of experience… 😅
    Also, I havent seen moana… but I’m not sure whether the picture relates to the movie or her character… 😬

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Moana is so good! It’s about a girl who goes on a journey to find a God who can save her island. I’d definitely recommend it if you like Disney! 🙂

Caraval is one of my all time favorites too! I love that so many others love it too!

Liked by 2 people

12. Oh my God, I love this! Do you mind if I do it myself?

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Not at all! Book Princess Reviews created it and I know a few people who’ve already participated. It was so much fun!

1. Thank You! Loved your answers by the way!

2. SarahYAandWine says:

Awe! Thank you!!

13. Thanks for doing the tag! I don’t read YA so I can’t comment on any of the books you’ve put, sorry! 💖

1. SarahYAandWine says:

That’s ok! That’s for creating it because it was so much fun to do!

14. ashley says:

The longest book I’ve ever read is 1,288 pages and that book is Lord of the Rings!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

I’ve read Outlander which is longer than ACOWAR but I wanted to keep it YA. I still need to read LOTR still!

1. ashley says:

I would read The Hobbit first of you haven’t read that yet. It will make the events in Lord of the Rings make sense.

2. SarahYAandWine says:

That’s what I’ve heard. I have them all but haven’t gotten around to them yet. My TBR pile is so big!

15. Yes to Caraval! It was such a magical and mysterious book, I almost couldn’t believe that it was Stephanie Garber’s debut! Lovely post! 🙂

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Right?! It’s an amazing debut!

16. I love this ❤ and you put it together so beautifully ❤

Awe! Thank you!!

17. YAYAYAYAYAYAY, Sarah!! It was SO much fun reading your answers! Um, Belle sheets are the best.I may or may not have a pillowcase with Belle on it now like the grown child I am. 😄 But I rarely see anything about Snow Like Ashes, so I’m so glad to know that you have read and enjoyed it since I’ve been meaning to pick it up. And I’m super glad you put Stalking Jack the Ripper up because I’ve been thinking how that was such a good one to do. 😄 I really need to try again with that novel. I think I jumped out too quick with it. Such much fun, Sarah, and as always, wonderful post!!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Awe! Thank you! I’m so glad I made you proud! I wish I still had Belle sheets but I don’t think the boy would go for it. 😉

I haven’t seen hardly anything about Snow Like Ashes and it’s so good!! I’m ready Frost Like Night right now and I’ll be sad when it’s over. I really liked Stalking Jack the River but I’m obsessed with crime stuff so it was a fun theory! So many good books out here right now that I’m glad we get to highlight them in the blogging world in creative ways!!

1. Lol, no? 😄 Well, that is a shame. 😄 I think everyone should love some Belle sheets. 😉

But yes! I’ve only seen you mention it and one other blogger and then nothing else. D: So of course I forget about it although it sounds really good. And I do have to ask you – is Stalking gory? Because I really want to read the second one, but I tried the first few pages of Stalking and it seemed kind of gory to me, but I’m not sure if that was just the first few pages, you know? And yes!! 😀

2. SarahYAandWine says:

I don’t remember it being too gory. I think most of the book is the investigation part with only gory moments here and there. It’s been a year since I read it though. That stuff doesn’t bother me much either as I enjoy that kind of stuff anyway. All my podcasts are true crime ones.

18. ignitedmoth says:

This tag seems like such a fun one. 🙂 Nice choices!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thank you! It was fun putting it together!

19. This tag is so cute! I’m also very interested in Jack the Ripper and I can’t wait to read the book!

1. SarahYAandWine says:

Thank you! I hope you enjoy Jack the Ripped if you’re able to read it!