Some of My Favorite Debut Novels So Far in 2017

It’s no secret that 2017 is KILLING it in the debut department! I’ve read so many debut novels this year that I have been incredibly impressed with. Interacting with some of these debut has also been such a great experience for me! Authors in general are just really cool people, and I love getting to see the enthusiasm of debut authors.

Book bloggers can absolutely make a difference in the success of a book. We are usually the first members of the general public that get to read a book, and we kick off the conversation being had about it, which definitely has an impact on the book’s sales.

Never is that more true than when it’s a book by a debut author, because these authors don’t have a readership yet, they haven’t become anyone’s auto-buy author just yet, so getting to read these books is an absolute privilege and it’s also a big responsibility.

As exciting as it is to get an ARC for a well-established author, getting ARCs for debuts is equally exciting for me. That said, here are some of the debut novels I’ve read so far this year that I’ve really enjoyed!

Some of My Favorite 2017 Debut Novels So Far

I can’t wait to see what the rest of 2017 has in store for us, and I hope you guys have gotten the chance to read some of these amazing novels and enjoyed them as much as I did!

What are some of your favorite debut novels of 2017?

31 thoughts on “Some of My Favorite Debut Novels So Far in 2017

1. LairOfBooks says:

Wonderfully said Kyrsti! I completely agree, the relationship between bloggers & debut authors is important & also a wonderful thing. I’ve had some of the best conversations/interactions with debut authors who genuinely care to hear the thoughts on the front line (us). I think my favorite part is meeting an Indie author & following their career up until that moment they get signed. I followed Adam Silvera from day 1 & can honestly say that now that he’s with Harper, he is still highly accessible to his readership & that’s just AWESOME! πŸ™‚

Thanks so much. I love interacting with almost any author, but debut authors just have an excitement that is contagious. And I TOTALLY agree about Adam. He is definitely one of my favorite authors I’ve ever met.

2. Azia says:

You make a wonderful point about bloggers and debut authors! I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting many debut authors, as I haven’t dipped into ARC reading yet, but I can only imagine how wonderful it’d be to be one of the first readers to experience an author’s first work! I haven’t read many of the books you’ve chosen but I’m sure they’re all very well done. I really enjoyed Daughter of the Pirate King. I think I might get When Dimple Met Rishi next!

Thank you! I highly recommend starting ARC reading. There are so many great opportunities to review ARCs on Netgalley, and the authors are usually great to interact with over Twitter and Instagram as well. πŸ™‚ I’m glad you enjoyed Daughter of the Pirate King as well!

• Azia says:

I’ll definitely look into it further. It certainly seems to have its perks. I’ve had a Netgalley account for a few months now but I haven’t used it even once! That’ll have to change πŸ™‚

3. Pen & Parchment says:

I just recently received a copy of Soulmated for review, I had never heard of it before but now I keep seeing it everywhere! I’m glad to hear you liked it, and the rest of those debuts seem pretty amazing too πŸ™‚

4. Jackie @ toomuchofabooknerd says:

I’ve finally ordered Daughter of the Pirate King a few days ago and I can’t wait for it to get here! I’ve been meaning to read it for so long 😍
    I’ve won a kindle copy of Seeking Mansfield recently so I’m glad to hear that you liked it and I’m looking forward to reading now!

5. Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

Totally agree, Krysti! I’m glad we can make such a big difference nowadays, from exposing an author to the world, to influencing a publisher’s decisions… It’s a big responsibility but I’m happy to be a part of it and having such awesome people like yourself on it with me 😊 <3
    I can't wait to read some of these! Especially since I loved DOTPK ^^

It is such an incredible thing to be a part of! I LOVE it! I just think that we always need to take that responsibility seriously and not forget that our words matter when we’re writing those reviews. πŸ™‚ DOTPK is AMAZING! πŸ™‚

• Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

Very true! It’s a really hard job (and the non-paying kind, something which people don’t seem to understand) but we love it, so it’s awesome πŸ™‚
        It so is!!! <3 <3 Thanks to you and Mandy, I finally picked it up and was in love *_*

6. Amanda @Cover2CoverMom says:

I just received a copy of Daughter of the Pirate King! I’m super excited to read it now.

I’ve been on vacation and MIA, so this is my first time seeing the new blog design! I’m loving it! It’s much easier for me to read and so cheerful πŸ™‚

Hooray! Let me know what you think. πŸ™‚ Thanks so much, Amanda! I’m still playing with it a bit, but I’m getting there!