Fight Like a YA Girl Book Tag!

I’m starting a book tag! If you’ve seen Wonder Woman recently, then I’m sure this topic is as fresh on your mind as it is on mine, but I believe VERY passionately that it is so important for everyone to see examples of strong women in books, television, and movies.

There are so many ways in which women exhibit strength, so this tag is meant to be a celebration of some those strengths. I hope you’ll participate with me!

The Rules

• Thank the person who tagged you.
  • Mention the creator Krysti at YA and Wine
  • Match at least one YA girl with each of the themes below.
  • Tag as many people as you like!

Fight LIke A YA Girl

Warrior Girls

Emma Corsairs from Lady Midnight | Kali from The Hundredth Queen | Fallon from The Valiant

Girls Who Fight With Their Mind

Elisa from The Girl of Fire and Thorns | Sonya from Burning Glass | Hermione from the Harry Potter series | Page from The Bone Season

Girls Who Fight with Their Heart

Shahrzad from The Wrath and the Dawn | Laia from And Ember in the Ashes | Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone | Audrey from Stalking Jack the Ripper

Girls Who are Trained Fighters

Katsa from Graveling | Valka from Among the Red Stars | Alexa from Defy

Strong Girls of Color

Maya from The Star Touched Queen | Inej from Six of Crows | Starr from The Hate U Give | Tina from City of Saints and Thieves

Girls Who Fight to Survive

Eden from The Sandcastle Empire | Tris from Divergent | Mya from Obsidian and Stars

Girls Who are Weapons Masters

Katniss from The Hunger Games | Celaena from Throne of Glass | Kate from Vengeance Road | Amani from Rebel of the Sands

Girls Who Don’t Conform to Gender Roles

Lada from And I Darken| Mariko from Flame in the Mist

Girls with Kick-Butt Magical Powers

Britt from Ever the Hunted | Vika from The Crown’s Game | Safiya and Iseult from Truthwitch | Nina from Crooked Kingdom

Strong Girls in Contemporary Novels

Eleanor from Eleanor & Park | Starr from The Hate U Give | Hazel Grace from The Fault in Our Stars | Willowdean from Dumplin‘ | Mallory from The Problem with Forever

Seriously Fierce Girls

Helene from An Ember in the Ashes | Alosa from Daughter of the Pirate King | Evelayn from Dark Breaks the Dawn

Most Anticipated Book with a Strong Leading Lady

Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo

21125680._SY540_

I Tag…

Sarah at The Clever Reader | Mandy at Book Princess Reviews | Megan at Book Slayer Reads | Rendz at Reading with Rendz | Jackie at Too Much of a BookNerd| Jackie at Death By Tsundoku| Mia at Pen and Parchment| Ann-Eliza and Carmen at YA Wednesdays | Stephanie at Teacher of YA | Danielle at Books, Vertigo, and Tea | Sophie at Blame Chocolate | Ignited Moth | Raven at Dreamy Addictions| Sophie at Beware the Reader | Annaleeliz at Buttons Book Reviews| Chelsea at The Suspense is Thrilling Me | Lillian at Lair of Books | Shanah at Bionic Book Worm | Donna at Chocolate’N’Waffles | Debby at Always Booking | Kim at By Hook or By Book |Heather at The Hermit Librarian

…and you!

Thanks so much in advance for participating, everyone! Fight like a YA girl!!!

71 thoughts on “Fight Like a YA Girl Book Tag!

1. Norin says:

Thanks you for dropping by & this tag is so much fun to read! But at the same time, this reminds me that I haven’t read as many books featuring strong women as you have. I need to read MORE!

Thank you much! It was so much fun to do! Clearly I went a little crazy and couldn’t pick just one book for these categories.

2. Beware Of The Reader says:

I love this TAG! So fitting for what I’m reading 😉 I promise to play this weekend. Thank you for tagging me Krysti 💖

Thank you so much for the compliment and the nomination! I really appreciate you thinking of me! And yes!!! Wonder Woman was amazing!!!

3. ravenblake99 says:

OMG, I LOVE THIS TAG! It looks so awesome and fun to do! I would love to do this tag and thank you so much for tagging me. I’m also highly anticipating Wonder Woman! 🙂

4. ravenblake99 says:

OMG, I LOVE THIS TAG! This looks so awesome and a fun tag to do! I would love to do this tag and thank you so much for tagging me. I’m also highly anticipating Wonder Woman! 🙂

5. ravenblake99 says:

OMG, I love this tag and your answers! This looks so awesome and fun to do! I can’t wait to do this tag and thank you so much for tagging me! BTW, I’m also highly anticipating Wonder Woman! 🙂

Oh, good! I’m so happy to hear that. I hope you have fun with it. And enjoy Wonder Woman when you see it! It’s so amazing!

6. bookprincessreviews says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (I LOVE IT SO MUCH I’VE MISSPELLED LOVE LIKE TEN TIMES ALREADY JUST BECAUSE I’M SO EXCITED). I CANNOT WAIT TO DO THIS BECAUSE IT IS RIDICULOUSLY EPIC. I CAN’T EVEN TAKE OFF CAPS. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY. SO MUCH YAY. NONE OF THIS EVEN MAKES SENSE. But seriously, Krysti, wonderful, wonderful tag. I can’t wait to try it out, and you did such an amazing job with showing off the fierce ladies!

Yayayay!!!! I was so hoping you’d like this one. It took me FOREVER. LOL. But I had so much fun with it! This is definitely a topic near and dear to my heart. Can’t wait to see which ladies you choose!

• bookprincessreviews says:

Ahahahahaha, oh, yes, I can imagine. It’s so much fun to create your own tag, but then you realize just how much it takes and you’re like erm, maybe not. But all that time was spent to amazingggggg use, because it ended up being amazing and so so so empowering. It’s so inspirational to showcase all the strong ladies and especially in the way they use it (and not just for brute strength). I’m planning on doing it this week, and I’m already getting my list of epic ladies ready. 😀

Well, thank you lady! It’s so funny, cause I basically just said this same exact thing in a different comment to you. LOL. Great minds, Mandy! I’m so, so glad you liked this one. I had so much fun with it! CANNOT wait to see your list!!!

• bookprincessreviews says:

Ahahahaha, we’re on the same thinking waves now apparently. The issue/benefits of a lot of comments going at one time? XD But thankies! <3 I might have to sneak a few princesses in. XD

7. Helen Scheuerer says:

I love this tag so so much! What a fantastic idea – and it’s given me so many new books to add to my ever-growing TBR list.

I’d love to have a go at this if that’s alright? 🙂

Thank you so much! I’m happy to hear that. LOL! I would love it if you did this tag! Can’t wait to see which characters you pick! ☺️

Oh, you are so welcome! I loved creating this tag! Can’t wait to see what characters you pick. 😀

8. The Hermit Librarian says:

Oh god, Eleanor. ;_; Yeah, that’s definitely a contemporary girl that’s strong. I think Eleanor & Park was the first Rowell book I ever read and it hurt so much, but it was also a really good book.

I adore Eleanor. One of my favorite contemporary characters for sure. It’s such a phenomenal book. I can’t wait to get more books from Rainbow!

9. Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

OMG amazing, amazing tag Krysti! I simply adored Wonder Woman and am still feeling the girl power pumping through my veins so this was an epic post hahaha
    So glad you came up with this idea! I will definitely want to do this soon! <3