Top Ten Tuesday: Series I’ve Been Meaning to Start But Haven’t

It absolutely KILLS me that I haven’t started some of these series yet, but I have every intention of reading these ones AND SOON, in spite of the ever growing TBR list! What I really realized as I was putting this list together though is that there are A LOT of series that I’ve started that I actually need to finish. But that’s a post for another day!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous The Broke and Bookish. It’s one of my favorite weekly memes, because the topics are always super fun, and it’s also a fantastic way to connect with other book bloggers. Join us!

Top Series I’ve Been Meaning to Start But Haven’t…

Boy Robot by Simon Curtis

28498236.jpg

Three Dark Crowns Series by Kendare Blake

Ruined Series by Amy Tintera

The Girl From Everywhere Series by Heidi Heilig

Frostblood Series by Elly Blake

The Gold Seer Trilogy by Rae Carson

Snow Like Ashes Series by Sara Rassch

The Glittering Court Series by Richelle Mead

Brooklyn Brujas Series by Zoraida Córdova

27969081.jpg

Replica Series by Lauren Oliver

What are your top series that you’ve been meaning to stat but haven’t yet?

Follow us online for more YA and Wine!  Twitterinstagram-logo16645001740_27a0ac1a57_b.jpgFacebook.pngBloglovin.png

80 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Series I’ve Been Meaning to Start But Haven’t

1. Arika (onceuponabookishnerd) says:

Yes to Three Dark Crowns, that first book was really interesting! The start to the Gold Seer Trilogy is awesome too and the covers are amazing! And I still haven’t finished the Snow Like Ashes series (though its on my Rock my TBR this year). Great choices! Hope you can start some soon!

You’re making me want to bump them ALL up my TBR list. LOL. They sound amazing, so it’s KILLING me that I haven’t read them yet. I know I’ll at least get the Three Dark Crowns book read this year before the sequel. Hopefully I can get to the rest soon too! 🙂

2. Angela JC says:

I’ve been curious about Three Dark Crowns. I have a few friends who’ve read it and some were into it while others found it boring or difficult to get through. I’m still on the fence as to whether or not I’ll give it a go. It’s still on my TBR list but not at the top. If you do get around to reading it I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Same here! I’ve heard mixed reviews but mostly of the four star variety, so i still really want to read it. I’ll probably read it right before the second book comes out. 🙂 Thank you!!!

3. Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

I can relate to 80% of this post! Sooo many series to read, sooo little time… I feel your pain ^^’
    Also, may I say how nice your new blog layout is? Seriously, the previous one was amazing as well but it’s great to change once in a while and I’m happy with the result 🙂 <3

4. Sara | Novel Novice says:

I finally started the GOLD SEER trilogy this year and OMG, it was SO SO SO good!!!!

I STILL need to read all of the Grisha/SoC books, The Raven Boys, The Selection series, The Girl from Everywhere … and catch up on Throne of Glass. (I’m behind. Waiting for the last book to come out, and then I intend to reread/binge them all.)

Sometimes I feel left out being behind on series others have read and are fangirling about, but on the other hand … I do love a good binge read.

Yay! I am so excited to hear you say that. It definitely seems like we have similar taste, so I’m definitely bumping it up the TBR. I loved her The Girl of Fire and Thorns series.

Being behind is the constant book blogger problem, right? We’re all behind or totally out of the loop on at least some series. There just isn’t enough time! And yes! Binge reads are the best!

• Sara | Novel Novice says:

So true! I have two bookcases of TBR books, but those shiny ARCs keep coming in the mail. *book blogger problems*

5. tpolen says:

I’m a big fan of Three Dark Crowns and have an ARC of One Dark Throne. I read Frost Blood, but doubt I’ll continue with the series. So many books, too little time!

So many books too little time is so right! I am definitely going to read Three Dark Crowns and Frostblood both in the next couple of months, since the sequels are coming out.

6. Sarah @ Reviews and Readathons says:

The Girl from Everywhere series made my list this week, too. The premise is just so intriguing, but I kind of keep forgetting about it. I hope you LOVE Three Dark Crowns & Replica as much as I do. Three Dark Crowns is just so dark and twisty & Replica was great, too. Great list!

7. Lois says:

So many of these series have made it to my list as well. Specifically the Gold Seer Trilogy. I find I have to be in a very particular mood to read a western fantasy. It can either be a hit or miss for me but I’m definitely going to try and read it soon…I hope.

Yes, the Gold Seer Trilogy. I must find time for that. I read Retribution Rails, and now all I want is that western fantasy setting. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Hope you get to read it soon!

8. Jackie B @ Death by Tsundoku says:

Oh thank goodness. You make me feel like a real person! I was a bit anxious that I’d come here and it would just say: “Hahaha! There are none! I’ve read every book EVER!!!” because some days I feel like you and Sarah are always posting about some book I’ve never heard of and you read it about a billion weeks ago. 😉

The Gold Seer Trilogy is probably my favorite TBR item on this list. I really loved Carson’s Fire and Thorns trilogy. I can’t wait for the final book to come out! Replica is also on my TBR. So many great books, so little time!!

Hahaha. Not even close. I promise I’m every bit as behind as anyone else! Totally drowning in books. LOL. But definitely not a bad problem to have. 🙂

I adored The Girl of Fire and Thorns. It’s such a great series, so I really want to get to The Gold Seer Trilogy. One day! LOL.

I keep forgetting to tell you that I love your blog name! I had to google it a while ago and just thought it was brilliant! But yeah…that definitely describes my poor house. LOL. 🙂

• Jackie B @ Death by Tsundoku says:

Hahaha. Thanks! I’m glad you were even inspired to Google it– so many people just are willingly in the dark. *shrugs* To each their own! But yes, drowning in books over here. It’s the best problem to have. 😀

9. Greg Hill says:

I liked Three Dark Crowns and can’t WAIT for the next one. I think it’s going to be epic. And Replica too. I liked the first one- didn’t LOVE it but I liked it enough to keep me interested- plus I like the dual format. And Boy Robot I don’t know anything about! Will have to check it out.

That’s great to hear, because that’s one I’m definitely reading this year. I think I’ll do Replica as well when the second book comes out. I am intrigued by the unique storytelling format. I’ve heard nothing but incredible things about Boy Robot!

Thanks so much! This theme this week is just a major reminder that there are so many books that need to be read and so little time. LOL.

10. bookprincessreviews says:

Did you know, Krysti, that we have literally become book twins because I haven’t read any of these either? I really want to try Ruined and Three Dark Crowns but I’ve seen so many differing reviews that I always got confused and then I forgot. I just bought Labyrinth Lost, so I’m super excited for that. 😀 And I need to start Snow Like Ashes. Wonderful list, lady! 🙂

OMG. This was bound to happen eventually. LOL. That’s funny that you haven’t read any of them either, since most of them are SO popular! Labyrinth Lost has such a gorgeous cover. Ugh! I want to read them all! Need. More. Time. 🙂

• bookprincessreviews says:

Lol, it really was. XD But I know! We must have been in our fluffy feels at the time? But it really does! Do you have the book as well? Because it has a sugar skull imprinted into the actual book cover, and I fangirled so hard. XD But for sureeeeeeeeee.

I don’t have the physical copy, but it definitely sounds like I NEED it!! I have the kindle version, but that’s never the same.

Oh, I have A LOT of green books. I did an Instagram post of them this week. I would like more pink ones though, I think…

• bookprincessreviews says:

*must go scrolling through all the Instagrams I missed to find this because it sounds perfect* But yes! I actually haven’t seen too many full on pink ones. I Believe in a Little Thing Called Love is a full on BRIGHT pink one.

LOL. You may be the sweetest book blogger on WP. Just saying. I need to get the hardcover copy of I Believe in a Thing Called Love then! I have the ARC, which has some bright pink on it, but is mostly gray.

• bookprincessreviews says:

Awh, no, that’s so sweet of you to say. <3 (I feel that weird fight we do about who's the etc. is about to happen XD). But that's why I mentioned it because it is really intense. Like this hugely vibrant pink. I thought it would be gray like the side but nope. XD

LOL. We could totally get into that fight right now. I stand firmly behind my statement. 😉 I am so ordering that physical copy right now.

• bookprincessreviews says:

As do I. But ooooh yay! I literally pulled off that cover and the When Dimple Met Rishi and I’m pretty sure I was blinded by both of them. I was like, contemporary is getting super bright now. But I love a good colored under the cover book. You’ll have to let me know what you think of the bright, bright pink. XD

I LOVE bright book covers so much! And it is perfect for a contemporary novel for sure! I will definitely let you know, lady! 🙂

11. Paige Howells says:

I really wanted to start reading the Glittering Court series but I sadly haven’t gotten around to it yet. But if you like sci-fiesque stories you are really going to like Replica, I remember reading it in class and everyone thought I was reading it upside down because of the way the book is laid out. Expect some people to look at you a little weird when reading it in public lol

I’ve just recently started enjoying sci-fi. To be honest, I never read ANY until about a year ago, but I’ve discovered that I LOVE it. So I’m so glad to hear that you liked it, and I will be prepared for the strange looks. LOL. 😀

12. Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads says:

So many great choices!! Most of these are on my TBR, too. Three Dark Crowns and Ruined are probably the ones I’ll get to soonest since I actually have the first books. Maybe I’ll actually get around to TDC before the sequel releases. Wouldn’t that be amazing?! hahaha

I’ve read (and really loved) Labyrinth Lost and I highly recommend it! It wasn’t perfect, but the world-building more than made up for its flaws.

Oh and it’s been awhile since I’ve blog hopped so I have no idea if this is old news already, but I love the new design!!

That’s my plan too. Fingers crossed we can make that happen! 🤞🤞🤞

Labyrinth Lost is so beautiful. I am so excited to read it. I’m guessing it’ll happen right before the sequel is released though honestly.

And THANK YOU! I just did it last week. It was exhausting. LOL. But I do like it so much better.

• Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads says:

I can’t wait for the sequel to Labyrinth Lost. I’m so sad it doesn’t come out until 2018!

I can imagine! It was so much work when I redid my blog’s design back in January. But it pays off when you end up liking the new design way better!

Oh, is it 2018?! Bummer. That is a long time. At least it will give me plenty of time to read the first book though, I guess. LOL.

Definitely worth it. There’s still more I want to do with it, but it’s on the someday list for now. 🙂

Wow! That’s quite a wait. Maybe by 2018 I’ll be caught up on my TBR right? Probably not though.

13. Amanda @Cover2CoverMom says:

Lots of great series on here! I really want to read Labyrinth Lost too. I hope you get to The Girl from Everywhere! I read it last year and loved it… there is just something about it. This just reminded me I still need to pick up the second book 🙂