Top Ten Tuesday: Best Contemporary Novels I’ve Read in 2017

I simply could not pick a top ten out of the books that I’ve read so far this year. I’ve read so many amazing ones! So I decided to break it down to my top favorite contemporary YA novels that I’ve read instead!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous The Broke and Bookish. It’s one of my favorite weekly memes, because the topics are always super fun, and it’s also a fantastic way to connect with other book bloggers. Join us!

My Top 10 Contemporary Reads of 2016

Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner

33797112

The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner

22752127

The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

23447923

What are some of your favorite books that you’ve read so far in 2017? Have you read any of the books from my list yet?

Follow me online for more YA and Wine!  Twitterinstagram-logo16645001740_27a0ac1a57_b.jpgFacebook.pngBloglovin.png

44 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Best Contemporary Novels I’ve Read in 2017

I REALLY need to read Wing Jones. I’ve heard such incredible things about it. WDMR is ADORABLE. Cannot recommend that one highly enough!

Thanks, lovely! There are so many amazing book covers anymore. It seems to especially be the case in YA. It’s so bad for my budget. LOL.

1. everythingalyce says:

When Dimple Met Rishi is so fabulous. I haven’t read either of Jeff Zentner’s novels yet, but I’ve heard such good things about them – definitely going to need to get to them soon. Great list 🙂

2. Lois says:

I Believe in a Thing Called Love has been popping up on my timeline a lot more these days. It sounds like such a cute book. I still need to read The Serpent King. it’s been sitting on my shelf for over a year now.

It is a really cute and fun book! TSK is basically the complete opposite of cute and fun, but it’s INCREDIBLE. That book completely crushed me in the best way.

3. Azia says:

I’ve only read Geekerella from this list, but I absolutely loved it! I thought it was such a cute and refreshingly nerdy take on Cinderella. I just bought When Dimple Meets Rishi so that’ll be my next read after Now I Rise and The Gentleman’s Guide! I definitely need to read the other ones! I’ve heard they’re all fantastic 😀

4. bookprincessreviews says:

KRYSTI. I HAVE READ LESS THAN HALF ON THAT LIST, AND IT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED IMMEDIATELY. What am I doing with my life? Totally going to have to check out the rest of these after your fabulous recommendation. 😀

It does need to be corrected! LOL. These are some of my very favorite contemps ever, and you are my contemporary book bestie. LOL. 🙂

Hahaha! Oh, good. I personally think there are some good ones on here. 😉 Don’t feel ashamed!!! But I do think you’d love almost all of these ones. <3<3<3

• bookprincessreviews says:

Ahahaha, yes! And okay, I’m moving all of these super up the TBR then. 😀 I’m still stuck in my weird, sort of wanting to just read everything contemporary and if it has a Krysti rec, then it certainly needs to be read super soon.

LOL. You’re the best, Mandy! Let me know if you do read these ones though, so we can chat! 🙂

5. Lauren says:

I loved Goodbye Days and I’m really excited to read The Color Project. I’m going to read that one as soon as it’s available in my country because I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. 🙂

Goodbye Days is wonderful! And The Color Project may just be my favorite contemporary book of all time. I absolutely loved it!

6. ashley says:

I haven’t read any of the books on your list, but I will be getting The Color Project when it’s published as an amazing blogger friend pre-ordered it for me.

7. the (book) supplier says:

I totally forgot about When Dimple Met Rishi when I made my list. It was so good I didn’t want to put it down. The Inexpicable Logic of My Life is on my TBR, though I’ve heard mixed reviews. The Serpent King is also on my TBR. I bought it on Kindle when it was on sale. Great list! Happy reading!

eli @ the (book) supplier
    My TTT

8. delphinespublications says:

OOOOO I just read the Goodreads review for The Color Project! Wow, yet another novel to add to my ever-increasing TBR pile!
    I’ve heard so many amazing things about When Dimple Met Rishi – I can’t believe I still haven’t started it, there always seems something else that I choose instead; but I’m making a promise to myself and the book blogging community to add it to the tippy top my July list!
    Thanks for this great reading list! I look forward to reading more posts from you in the future.
    Happy Reading 😀

The Color Project is incredible. It may be my favorite contemporary novel of all time honestly. When Dimple Met Rishi is also great. I hope you do get to read it soon! Thanks so much and happy reading to you as well! 🙂

9. theorangutanlibrarian says:

I’m so excited to see When Dimple met Rishi on here cos I literally just bought it!! And Always and forever- I love Lara Jean! And Geekerella sounds so good. Plus I loved the Serpent King- that book got to me! Awesome post!

Sorry for the delayed response! This ended up in my spam folder for some reason! Anyway, Geekerella was SO adorable! so glad you thought so too! Upside is also amazing. Just love Albertalli’s writing. And thank you so much for the nomination! I really appreciate you thinking of me. 🙂

10. LHauser27 says:

Hi! So many great books on your list! And they say contemp is dead! lol No way! I’m even more curious about The Color Project since I read above it may be your fav contemp ever! 🙂
    Leslie

Thank you! Contemp is far from dead. I almost feel like there is a shift this year in people starting to enjoy it more and more. Probably because there have been so many YA fantasy/sci-fi/dystopian hits in the past few years. I feel like contemporary is about to have its time in the spotlight, but we’ll see. Plus new John Green book always equals more people reading contemporary. 🙂

Oooh, keeping my fingers crossed for you. I LOVED that book. Basically anything Becky Albertalli writes is gold in my book.