I Love YA Anthologies!

I absolutely LOVE YA anthologies! I used to write short stories way back before I became a blogger and even had some published, and it is my “maybe someday” dream to try to edit an anthology of my own, so YA short stories and anthologies are certainly near and dear to my heart.

When I was avidly writing short stories, it seemed to be a bit of a dying art, so I have been so thrilled to see the boom in published YA anthologies over the past few years. Writing a short story is so different than writing a novel and when done well, they can be so wonderful and entertaining. I’m so happy to see that the short story is alive and well in YA!

There are several YA anthologies I’ve read over the past few years that I’ve absolutely loved and a few coming out over the next several months that I just cannot wait to get my paws on! I hope to see many more of these beautiful books over the years to come!

Upcoming YA Anthologies!

These three books are certainly some of my most anticipated reads of the next several months. Let me know if there are any that you’re looking forward to that I need to add to my list!

Some of My Favorite YA Anthologies

I enjoyed reading these books so much. I am always blown away when an author can write a short story that feels like a complete and engrossing tale, and some of the stories included in these anthologies are such excellent examples of that.

What are some of your favorite YA anthologies? Do you enjoy reading short stories? Do you have any YA short story or anthology recommendations for me?

Follow me online for more YA and Wine!  goodreads_icon_1000x1000-aed808dec2093e20867b35cd56d9862d.png Twitterinstagram-logo16645001740_27a0ac1a57_b.jpgFacebook.pngBloglovin.png

38 thoughts on “I Love YA Anthologies!

1. Noriko says:

I’m a fledgling bookworm, so I haven’t read as many YA anthologies, but I recently bought Summer Days & Summer Nights and super excited to actually reading it! (I’m gonna read it next month 🙂

Well, welcome to the book blogiverse! 🙂 We’re excited to have you. I loved that one, so I hope you enjoy it as well!

2. Life of a Literary Nerd says:

I got an ARC of Three Sides of A Heart. It’s an anthology about love triangles that comes in December. I’m actually not anti-love triangles and I can’t wait to see how they do in a short story setting.

3. Kristy Petree says:

I liked the Bane Chronicles (wish they had been in some kind of order, though) and Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy (it didn’t start out great–not enough Simon–but the stories got better). There’s one pictured that I absolutely didn’t like, but we’ll just keep that one a secret lol. I’m excited for Meet Cute! And I really need to read Let It Snow, because I think there’s going to a movie (or did I dream that???).

I can’t say that I love all the stories in each anthology, but overall, I did REALLY enjoy them. I’m curious about your secret now though. 🙂 They were going to do a Let It Snow movie, but I know it got pushed back. Haven’t heard any updates in a long time…

4. The Hermit Librarian says:

I like both of the ones that Stephanie Perkins has edited so far. There have been a few hits and misses in those, but generally good. 🙂

I’ve got Welcome Home on my Kindle now. I was intrigued because my husband and his twin are adopted, so I thought reading it could be interesting.

I totally agree. There are definitely stories that were more my style than others, but the collections as a whole are really impressive.

I just got Welcome Home on my Kindle after I posted this this morning. SO EXCITED. We’ll definitely have to discuss. 🙂

5. bookprincessreviews says:

Oooooh, what kind of genre of stories did you used to write? I would totally buy up any that you were to ever do in the future, heads up. 😉 How did you like A Tyranny of Petticoats (well, I mean, clearly amazing since it’s on your list)? Because I always forget that one exists for some odd reason even though it sounds amazingggggggg. Wonderful post, lady, and I’ll clearly be starting with these. 😀

I used to write YA Fantasy short stories, buuuttt, I’m kind of done with that for now. LOL. For now book blogging feels like a better fit for me. And it’s a lot less stressful than writing fiction is. For me anyway. That one is one of my FAVORITES. Two of my favorite things, fierce ladies and anthologies! 🙂 Thank you so much, Princess Mandy! <3<3<3

• bookprincessreviews says:

Gotcha, gotcha. Very cool. But I super know what you mean (I had a super similar experience). But yay for the change to book blogging, since you’re amazing at it. <3 Ooooooh, okay, 'tis where I will start for sure then. I heard that they are making another one, I think?

Awww, thanks, my dear! Same to you!!! I THINK I heard that o, but I’m not totally sure. LOL. 🙂

Thanks so much! I really enjoyed Assassin’s Blade too actually. Those stories are actually critical to understanding the rest of the series. So many people skip over them, and you really just can’t! And I totally agree. 🙂

6. ignitedmoth says:

Wow, that’s so awesome that you had some of your writing published. 😀 I love your “maybe someday” dream to try to edit an anthology of your own. I think that would be really cool, so best of luck to you with that and where any other writing/editing adventures might take you! 🙂

Awww, thank you so much!!! I really appreciate that! We’ve all gotta have pipe dreams, right? 🙂

7. abyssallibrarian says:

Meet Cute sounds adorable! I’ve recently added it to my own TBR. I’ve always had a bit of a problem with anthologies though because of my compulsion to read a whole book before moving on to the next. Even though anthologies are literally designed so they could be read in bits and pieces, I’ve never really been able to do that.

I think anthologies can be hit and miss for people. I adore them, but I also love short stories, so I’m sure that is a contributing factor. And Meet Cute does sound adorable! Cannot wait to get my hands on that little beauty!