Waiting on Wednesday: Turtles All the Way Down

You might have MAYBE heard the news, but John Green has a new book coming out!!! I’m a huge fan of John Green’s, and his books are what really got me into reading contemporary YA fiction. For that I am eternally grateful, and I could not be more excited for his long-awaited, highly-anticipated new novel Turtles All the Way Down!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Be sure to check out their blog and share the upcoming books your excited about with us each Wednesday!

Wine Pairing

I don’t really know what to expect from this one, but I’m planning to pair Turtles All the Way Down, which is “about lifelong friendship, the intimacy of an unexpected reunion, Star Wars fan fiction, and tuatara” with this Tuatara Bay Sauvignon Blanc. I can’t wait to see if this wine pairs well with the actual story!

*All wine recommendations are strictly for those of legal drinking age only.*

Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

15837671

Turtles All the Way Down

by John Green

Publisher: Dutton Books for Young Readers

Release Date: October 10, 2017

Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Fiction

It all begins with a fugitive billionaire and the promise of a cash reward.

Turtles All the Way Down is about lifelong friendship, the intimacy of an unexpected reunion, Star Wars fan fiction, and tuatara. But at its heart is Aza Holmes, a young woman navigating daily existence within the ever-tightening spiral of her own thoughts.

In his long-awaited return, John Green shares Aza’s story with shattering, unflinching clarity.

About the Author

I mean, it’s John Green, guys! But for consistencies sake…from John Green’s website.

1214-johngreen

John Green is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, and The Fault in Our Stars. He is also the coauthor, with David Levithan, of Will Grayson, Will Grayson. He was the 2006 recipient of the Michael L. Printz Award, a 2009 Edgar Award winner, and has twice been a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize. Green’s books have been published in more than 55 languages and over 24 million copies are in print. John is also an active Twitter user with more than 5 million followers.

Are you guys John Green fans as well? Are you DYING to get your hands on this much-anticipated novel? What is your favorite John Green book?

Follow me online for more YA and Wine!  goodreads_icon_1000x1000-aed808dec2093e20867b35cd56d9862d.png Twitterinstagram-logo16645001740_27a0ac1a57_b.jpgFacebook.pngBloglovin.png

20 thoughts on “Waiting on Wednesday: Turtles All the Way Down

1. kozbisa says:

I fangirl danced when he finally announced this. I knew something was coming at some point, because of the publisher survey help-pick-the-cover thing I received, but the wait is shorter than I anticipated, and that is FABULOUS!

Same. There may have been some shrieking involved! Oooh, you got a help-pick-the-cover thing? So this is not the finished cover then, right? I hope…

2. Beware Of The Reader says:

Don’t shoot me Kirsty but I seem.to be resistent to John Green’s books. Maybe I had too high expectations but I never fell in love with them so far. Anyway I’m happy for you because a new book by one of your favorite authors is always a cheerful moment!

Hahaha. No worries, Sophie! We all have different taste in books. I would never hold it against anyone!

3. Lauren says:

John Green is the one that got me into contemporary YA fiction too! I’m so glad he did because I couldn’t imagine not having read so many amazing stories. And, yes, I’m so so excited to read new material. I can’t believe it’s been five years since TFIOS!

I think he did that for so many of us readers honestly. He was the gateway into YA contemporary fiction like J.K. Rowling was for fantasy. It is crazy that it’s been that long!

LOL. Contemporary is my favorite genre now, and it’s all because John Green’s books got me into reading contemporary. So I’m TOTALLY freaking out.

4. maggiederrick says:

I’m so excited about this! I really love John Green’s work and I appreciate that he decided to put a focus on mental health with this new title. Can’t wait for October!

Same here. I’m so interested to see what he does with that subject. I expect nothing less than greatness from that man and love that this is such a personal topic for him. Ugh. Can’t wait!

SAME. At work. Don’t even care. LOL. My coworkers are getting used to it whenever big book news hits. LOL. TFIOS is phenomenal!

5. Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

I didn’t enjoy John Green’s books all that much but I’m intrigued to see what this one has in store for us… I’d even be willing to read it when I had some free time, in case it’s some hidden gem 🙂
    Another wonderful post, Krysti!

Oh, you aren’t the only one, so I certainly wouldn’t hold that against you. LOL. I am definitely going to read it the day it comes out. I can’t wait! And thank you!