The Books of the Penguin Teen Tour!

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) 1

The Penguin Teen Tour is coming! I am beyond excited that they are making a stop at The King’s English Bookshop! If you’re in the Salt Lake area, make sure to pre-order through them to reserve your place in the signing line, so you can meet these incredible authors! Check out the schedule below to see if they’ll be stopping by a city near you!

Tuesday, July 18th @ 7:00PM
1010 El Camino Real
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Sunday, July 23rd @ 2:00PM
189 The Grove Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Monday, July 24th @ 7:00PM
3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
Beaverton, OR 97005

The Books of the Summer Penguin Teen Tour

Here are the AMAZING books that are being featured on this season’s Penguin Teen Tour. Three of these are not the first books in their series, so if you haven’t read the first, this is your official spoiler warning!

The Merciless III: Origins of Evil by Danielle Vega

32510206Brooklyn knows that there’s no good without evil, no right without wrong. And when a helpless girl calls her teen helpline, whispering that someone is hurting her, Brooklyn knows that she needs to save her anonymous caller, even if it means doing something bad.

Her parents and friends assure her the call was probably a prank but Brooklyn has always had a tendency to take over, whether someone has asked for help or not.

She discovers the call came from Christ First Church and finds herself plunged into the cultish community of its youth group. She’s especially drawn to Gavin, the angelic yet tortured pastor’s son.

Torn between an unstoppable attraction to Gavin and her obsession with the truth, Brooklyn is forced to make a devastating choice to rid Christ Church of evil once and for all. . . . But the devil has plans for Brooklyn’s soul.

The Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana

32766747A romantic coming-of-age fantasy tale steeped in Indian folklore, perfect for fans of The Star-Touched Queen and The Wrath and the Dawn

No one is entirely certain what brings the Emperor Sikander to Shalingar. Until now, the idyllic kingdom has been immune to his many violent conquests. To keep the visit friendly, Princess Amrita has offered herself as his bride, sacrificing everything—family, her childhood love, and her freedom—to save her people. But her offer isn’t enough.

The unthinkable happens, and Amrita finds herself a fugitive, utterly alone but for an oracle named Thala, who was kept by Sikander as a slave and managed to escape amid the chaos of a palace under siege. With nothing and no one else to turn to, Amrita and Thala are forced to rely on each other. But while Amrita feels responsible for her kingdom and sets out to warn her people, the newly free Thala has no such ties. She encourages Amrita to go on a quest to find the fabled Library of All Things, where it is possible for each of them to reverse their fates. To go back to before Sikander took everything from them.

Stripped of all that she loves, caught between her rosy past and an unknown future, will Amrita be able to restore what was lost, or does another life—and another love—await?

The Darkest Magic (Spirits and Thieves, #2) by Morgan Rhodes

23367270In the second installment of New York Times bestselling author Morgan Rhodes’s highly acclaimed Falling Kingdoms spin-off series, danger looms and the mystery deepens as two warring evils vie for possession of one elusive, powerful book.

Modern-day Toronto: Sisters Crystal and Becca Hatcher are reunited after reclaiming the Bronze Codex and narrowly escaping death. They have no one to trust but each other, and the only thing keeping them safe is the book that sent Becca’s spirit to Ancient Mytica–the same book that their enemies would kill them for.

Ancient Mytica: Maddox grapples to keep his newly discovered powers under control, while the ruthless goddess Valoria hunts him down.

Modern-day Toronto: Farrell embraces his dark side as he unwittingly falls further under the spell of Markus, the mastermind leader of the nefarious Hawkspear Society, who will stop at nothing to find Crys and Becca–and the remarkable book in their possession.

New York Times bestselling author Morgan Rhodes takes readers into exhilarating new high-fantasy territory with volume two of the Book of Spirits and Thieves series, an epic contemporary saga perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas and Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander.

Black Moon (Zodiac, #3) by Romina Russell

28529955Book 3 in the breathtaking sci-fi space saga inspired by astrology that will stun fans of the Illuminae Files and Starbound series.

One final secret stands between Rho and the enemy. But will the devastating truth be enough to destroy her first?

Rho, the courageous visionary from House Cancer, lost nearly everything when she exposed and fought against the Marad, a mysterious terrorist group bent on destroying balance in the Zodiac Galaxy. Now, the Marad has disappeared without a trace, and an uneasy peace has been declared.

But Rho is suspicious. She believes the Master is still out there in some other form. And looming over all are the eerie visions of her mother, who died many years ago, but is now appearing to Rho in the stars.

When news of a stylish new political party supported by her best friend, Nishi, sends Rho on another journey across the galaxy, she uses it as an opportunity to hunt the hidden master and seek out information about her mother. And what she uncovers sheds light on the truth–but casts darkness upon the entire Zodiac world.

Is the Penguin Teen Tour stopping by a city near you? Which of these wonderful authors would you be most excited to meet? Have you read any of these books?

Follow me online for more YA and Wine!  goodreads_icon_1000x1000-aed808dec2093e20867b35cd56d9862d.png Twitterinstagram-logo16645001740_27a0ac1a57_b.jpgFacebook.pngBloglovin.png

8 thoughts on “The Books of the Penguin Teen Tour!

1. TeacherofYA says:

You know I’m going to beg you for Aditi’s and Romina’s autograph right? I have to send Kester’s book out tomorrow, so I’m sending your bookplates. I just keep forgetting to send them. I hope you have a blast at the tour! I wish we had a King’s English! 😂

I will see what kind of signed swag I can snag. I got lots at the last Penguin Teen Tour. I think I sent you some of it actually. 🙂 Thanks, Stephanie!!!

• TeacherofYA says:

You sent me some amazing swag! I never know what swag to send, but apparently you like Shadowhunters, and I never knew!! So I’ll know now what kind are fun to send you!!

I do love me some Shadowhunters! The Penguin Teen Summer Tour is here next week too. If I can get extras, I’ll definitely grab you some! 🙂

2. Books, Vertigo and Tea says:

The Cedar Hill’s Crossing branch of Powell’s seems to be the go to spot. Unfortunately, it is further than I can attempt to venture. I do wish more tours would frequent the main branch. This looks fun!