Waiting on Wednesday: THE DAZZLING HEIGHTS

I LOVED last year’s The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee, so I am so excited to get to read  The Dazzling Heights! The Thousandth Floor was just the perfect combination of drama, romance, fabulous tech, and a captivating storyline. I could not get enough of it, and I cannot wait to start reading this beauty!

On a side note, the cover and end pages from The Thousandth Floor were GORGEOUS, so I can’t wait to see what the hardcover copy of The Dazzling Heights looks like!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Be sure to check out their blog and share the upcoming books your excited about with us each Wednesday!

The Dazzling Heights by Katharine McGee

32711705

The Dazzling Heights

by Katharine McGee

Publisher: HarperCollins

Release Date: August 29, 2017

New York City, 2118. A glittering vision of the future, where anything is possible – if you want it enough.

Manhattan is home to a thousand-story supertower, a beacon of futuristic glamour and high-tech luxury… and to millions of people living scandalous, secretive lives.

Leda is haunted by nightmares of what happened on the worst night of her life. She’s afraid the truth will get out – which is why she hires Watt, her very own hacker, to keep an eye on all of the witnesses for her. But what happens when their business relationship turns personal?

When Rylin receives a scholarship to an elite upper-floor school, her life transforms overnight. But being here also means seeing the boy she loves: the one whose heart she broke, and who broke hers in return.

Avery is grappling with the reality of her forbidden romance – is there anywhere in the world that’s safe for them to be together?

And then there’s Calliope, the mysterious, bohemian beauty who’s arrived in New York with a devious goal in mind – and too many secrets to count.

Here in the Tower, no one is safe – because someone is watching their every move, someone with revenge in mind. After all, in a world of such dazzling heights, you’re always only one step away from a devastating fall….

About the Author

13499819

From Katharine’s Website

Katharine McGee is originally from Houston, Texas. She studied English and French literature at Princeton University and has an MBA from Stanford. It was during her years in New York, working as an editor by day and writing by night, that she began a manuscript about life in a futuristic skyscraper. The Thousandth Floor is her first novel.

Did you guys read The Thousandth Floor? Did you love it as much as I did? What books are you waiting on this Wednesday?

Follow me online for more YA and Wine!  goodreads_icon_1000x1000-aed808dec2093e20867b35cd56d9862d.png Twitterinstagram-logo16645001740_27a0ac1a57_b.jpgFacebook.pngBloglovin.png

33 thoughts on “Waiting on Wednesday: THE DAZZLING HEIGHTS

1. Lydia Tewkesbury says:

When I first read about The Thousandth Floor I thought it sounded intriguing, and I was really excited, but I ended up not picking it up because I read a ton of bad reviews (in all honesty I have since forgotten what they all were, however). This book sounds so good though! I might have to rethink my position on the series…

2. Jessica M Tuckerman, MA says:

I picked up Thousandth Floor because the cover was gorgeous and it sounded really cool. Then it was just a bunch of rich kid problems and terrible writing. Every character sounds exactly the same. I maintain that the covers are very pretty but that’s all these have going for them.

Oh, I’m sorry you feel that way. I really enjoy The Thousandth Floor personally, but that’s the great thing about books. They all resonate with us all differently.

3. LairOfBooks says:

I purchased a copy of The Thousandth Floor when It was first released after hearing that it gave off Gossip Girl Vibes (yaaaaaas!) & was just looking at it over the wknd with the “I should read you” face lol. Hope this one is just as good, great pick Krysti 🙂

It has super strong Gossip Girl vibes for sure! I actually like the characters and the world a lot more than GG, but it’s definitely got all the drama and intrigue of the GG show/series. Thanks, love! 🙂

Awesome! We’ll have to chat. I’m waiting for my ARC to get here any day now, and it’s KILLING me. 🙂

They are so beautiful! OMG. Do you have the hardcover of The Thousandth Floor? It is freaking GORGEOUS!!!

• bookprincessreviews says:

I do not but I seriously probably need to invest in it because I always walk by it at the library or bookstore and it physically always makes me stop and stare at it. I’m super eager to see how the second one will be.

Oh my goodness! I am in LOVE with it. I cannot wait to see what they do with the endpapers on this one, because on that one they are those swirling golden gorgeousness that I absolutely love!

Yay! I had so much fun with the first book! I’ve honestly been surprised to find out that so many people didn’t like it. I absolutely adored it. I mean, it’s no Utopic society by any means, but it’s such a cool concept, has such gorgeous imagery, and was just wildly entertaining. I’m so glad to find someone else who wants to fangirl about it! 🙂