Interview with Charlie N. Holmberg!

Interview with Charlie N. HolbergTHE FIFTH DOLL

I had so much fun sitting down with Charlie N. Holmberg, author of The Paper Magician after the launch event for her new novel The Fifth Doll! I loved this book! The Fifth Doll reads like a classic fairytale, is wildly imaginative, and just so much fun. This story is unique and creative. I’ve never read anything like it before, and I absolutely devoured it.

Check out what Charlie has to say about it in our interview below and find out what amazing update needs to be made to her author bio!

About the Book

33385408Title: The Fifth Doll

Author: Charlie N. Holmberg

Pub. Date: July 25, 2017

Publisher: 47North

Pages: 322

The bestselling author of The Paper Magician Series transports readers to a darkly whimsical world where strange magic threatens a quiet village that only a courageous woman can save.

Matrona lives in an isolated village, where her life is centered on pleasing her parents. She’s diligent in her chores and has agreed to marry a man of their choosing. But a visit to Slava, the local tradesman, threatens to upend her entire life.

Entering his empty house, Matrona discovers a strange collection of painted nesting dolls—one for every villager. Fascinated, she can’t resist the urge to open the doll with her father’s face. But when her father begins acting strangely, she realizes Slava’s dolls are much more than they seem.

When he learns what she’s done, Slava seizes the opportunity to give Matrona stewardship over the dolls—whether she wants it or not. Forced to open one of her own dolls every three days, she falls deeper into the grim power of Slava’s creations. But nothing can prepare her for the profound secret hiding inside the fifth doll.

Have you ordered your copy of The Fifth Doll yet? Will you be reading The Plastic Magician when it comes out in May? What are some of the most original fantasy novels that you’ve read?

Follow me online for more YA and Wine!  goodreads_icon_1000x1000-aed808dec2093e20867b35cd56d9862d.png Twitterinstagram-logo16645001740_27a0ac1a57_b.jpgFacebook.pngBloglovin.png

21 thoughts on “Interview with Charlie N. Holmberg!

I LOVE that series! I’m really excited that there’s another book coming out in May. I actually think I enjoyed The Fifth Doll even more than The Paper Magician honestly. It’s a really, really neat story.

1. Jackie B @ Death by Tsundoku says:

You are SO BRAVE! I love seeing this video. I am definitely not brave enough for video interviews, for sure. This is a ton of fun — I love watching you two interact together. “And then plot happens….” ; ) These are some great questions, too (as always)! These fire-round questions are amazing.

I haven’t read any of her books yet… O_o I thought The Paper Magician was a trilogy– there will be a 4th book?!

Thanks so much! Charlie is such a fun person, I loved getting to sit down with her, and I loved this book too! 🙂

Thank you! She is so much fun. Kind of exactly what you’d expect if you read her books! 🙂 Highly recommend reading that copy of THE PAPER MAGICIAN you’ve got there. 🙂

2. LairOfBooks says:

What is this & why haven’t I heard about it until now?!?!? I am 100% intrigued by this book. yay! another video *opens Youtube*

1st thoughts are…Krysti’s a pro at this! LOVED it! Charlie seems like so much fun & I love that her books are original. I’ve never read anything on Matryoshka dolls but I had one when I was a little girl. Def buying a copy *heart eyes emoji*

Charlie’s books definitely deserve more attention IMO. They are wonderful!

Thanks for watching, Lilly! You’re the absolute best! Definitely not a pro yet. I need to eliminate the words “absolutely” and “awesome” from my interview vocabulary. LOL. But I’ll get there!

And, yay!!! It’s such a neat book. I hope you love it! I think it’s actually free with Kindle Unlimited right now…

• LairOfBooks says:

I trust your taste & the author gives off a good vibe, it’s on my list for my August haul 😉 honestly speaking Krysti, watching your 1st interview and now this one…it’s like you shook off those nerves and felt right at home. We can all use a bit of improvement but I was still left smiling at how well you managed it so keep up the good work. I enjoy these videos so much 😃💕

Oh, yay! Can’t wait to hear what you think of it. I was much less nervous for this one, but it is much easier when its local authors too. Thanks so much, my friend! I’m actually going to film another one tonight! So we’ll see how it goes. 🙂

I hope so! It’s still super weird for me to be on camera, but it gets easier with each one. 🙂

3. The Hermit Librarian says:

How did I miss the spin-off getting a title?! 😮 Glad to know it’ll be out next year. My husband will surely want to read it, as he’s read that entire series.

I loved The Fifth Doll. It was spooky as anything and Matrona’s decisions in the end had me thinking.

I think it was just announced recently. That’s so neat that your husband has read that entire series.

So I was actually thinking of you and our conversation specifically when Charlie and I were talking about how Matrona’s actions really mirrored Slava’s in this book. I love how bloggers are picking up on that, and that it was an intentional move on Charlie’s part.

4. bookprincessreviews says:

Omgisoh, I love the fact that she has a matching shirt for this book and a matching necklace for her other book series. That is literally so much fun. Plus, this book got even better sounding after this interview. Another wondrous book interview, Krysti!! You’re totally rocking it like a pro. Great job, lady! <3

Aren’t they adorable?! A couple local writers made those for her. She gave away some t-shirts during the launch, but alas, I did not win. LOL. I do always have a different level of appreciation for books after learning more about them from their authors. Even when we read closely, we just don’t catch everything all the time. So it’s so neat. And thank you, my dear! It’s a work in progress for sure! <3<3<3

• bookprincessreviews says:

Well, drats. XD But it really is so cute. And yes! I feel like I love them more because we know the author and how they put their heart and self into it. and I feel like when I have the inside scoop about it, it’s even more exciting. XD

5. Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

Charlie is so lovely!! (And you too, of course, Krysti, but we all knew that already 😉 ) And her shirt! And earrings and necklace! OMG so adorbs *_*
    Her book sounds super interesting and unique too. I always had this fascination for Russian dolls myself, they’re just so pretty and cute and make the perfect decor. Plus, a complex villain? Sounds like we’re in for a treat!
    Loved the interview, Krysti <3 Do keep up the wonderful work!

She is lovely and so, so much fun. I am so glad she took the time to chat with me. I adore Russian dolls. They are so beautiful. I hope you get a chance to read this one. Thanks so much for watching, Sophie! You’re the absolute best! <3<3<3