The Fire Queen by Emily R. King is out in less than two weeks! And in this heart-pounding sequel to The Hundredth Queen we get to see even more of the element-based bhuta magic system.

From burners to galers, tremblers to aquifiers, this book is brimming with magic! Take this quiz to find out which type of bhuta you are!

What Type Of Bhuta Are You?!

Choose a color.

Choose a weapon.

What's your favorite season?

Which pet would you choose?

Left or Right?

Choose a vacation destination.

Choose a Harry Potter book.

About the Book

34314702Title: The Fire Queen

Author: Emily R. King

Pub. Date: September 26, 2017

Publisher: Skyscape

Pages: 286

In the second book in The Hundredth Queen Series, Emily R. King once again follows a young warrior queen’s rise to meet her destiny in a richly imagined world of sorcery and forbidden powers.

Though the tyrant rajah she was forced to marry is dead, Kalinda’s troubles are far from over. A warlord has invaded the imperial city, and now she’s in exile. But she isn’t alone. Kalinda has the allegiance of Captain Deven Naik, her guard and beloved, imprisoned for treason and stripped of command. With the empire at war, their best hope is to find Prince Ashwin, the rajah’s son, who has promised Deven’s freedom on one condition: that Kalinda will fight and defeat three formidable opponents.

But as Kalinda’s tournament strengths are once again challenged, so too is her relationship with Deven. While Deven fears her powers, Ashwin reveres them—as well as the courageous woman who wields them. Kalinda comes to regard Ashwin as the only man who can repair a warring world and finds herself torn between her allegiance to Deven and a newly found respect for the young prince.

With both the responsibility to protect her people and the fate of those she loves weighing heavily upon her, Kalinda is forced again to compete. She must test the limits of her fire powers and her hard-won wisdom. But will that be enough to unite the empire without sacrificing all she holds dear?

Pre-Order Your Signed Copy!

The launch party will be at my favorite local indie bookshop The King’s English Bookshop on September 26th at 7:00 PM! Which means, you can pre-order your signed copy by clicking on the book cover below! Be sure to mention in the comments that you would like your copy signed during the event!

The Fire Queen

About Emily R. King

From Emily’s Website

emily-r-king-headshot-high-res

Emily R. King is a reader of everything and a writer of fantasy. Born in Canada and raised in the USA, she has perfected the use of “eh” and “y’all” and uses both interchangeably. Shark advocate, consumer of gummy bears, and islander at heart, Emily’s greatest interests are her four children. She’s a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and an active participant in her local writers’ community. She lives in Northern Utah with her family and their cantankerous cat.

So, what kind of bhuta are you?! I’m a burner!

Follow me online for more YA and Wine! Twitterinstagram-logogoodreads_icon_1000x1000-aed808dec2093e20867b35cd56d9862dUnknownFacebookBloglovin16645001740_27a0ac1a57_b

36 thoughts on “Get Ready for THE FIRE QUEEN! Take This Quiz to Find Out What Type of Bhuta You Are!

1. bookprincessreviews says:

I’m a galer. I have no clue what that means, but it sounds epic? XD This was so much fun (and I’m so impressed on how you set it up – I felt I was on Buzzfeed for a second XD). Fantastic job, Krysti – so much fun!! 😀

Thank you! It is an earth mage. ☺️ I really enjoy this series. The last book comes out in February, so you’ll be able to read them soon. 😁

I’m trying to remove books from mine. LOL. That’s on my list of blog projects. We’ll see when I get to it.

I’m just going to go into my TBR and start deleting books I don’t think I’m honestly going to get to anytime soon. I would like to get at least 500 off. LOL.

• Jackie B @ Death by Tsundoku says:

Hahaha. That’s fair and reasonable. The real question is this: How will you decide if you aren’t going to get to that book anytime soon? And what is the definition of soon? There are many books on my TBR which I know I’d forget exist if it wasn’t for my TBR. I rely on it to keep me varied in my reading!

It’s still a project I’m working on. If I don’t think there’s any chance I’ll read it within the next couple years, I’m cutting them. I don’t use my TBR too much honestly. ARCs and upcoming book events pretty much control what I’m reading. I’m lucky to get in one or two a month from my TBR. But then there’s November and December when mostly all I read are TBR books, since the new releases slow down so much.

Do you ever cut books from your TBR? How do you decide to cut them?

• Jackie B @ Death by Tsundoku says:

I love my TBR. I don’t use it super often right now, but I used to use it all the time and I expect I’ll get back to that later. Things have been so crazy with how many review requests and deadlines I have going on. But I love how I can rediscover books I’ve marked to read and it’s also a great place for me to start when I’m searching for books on a specific topic.

As far as culling is concerned…. I have a post I’ve been drafting for a while on my relationship with my TBR. I need some more brain space than I’ve had lately to ponder these ideas, honestly. I hope it can be one of my October posts!

Oh nice! Can’t wait to read that post. I actually finished this little project of mine this week. I cut about 800 books from my list, and it feels amazing. Now I feel like I actually can use my TBR again like you do.

2. Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

Even though I did not enjoy the first book, I’m really glad you did, Krysti! And I hope this trilogy ends on a super awesome note for you 🙂 I took the test and apparently am a Burner hahaha I always did like fire and my astrological sign is a fire one, so… I’m glad with my result ^^
    Wonderful post, darling! <3