Salt Lake Comic Con was last weekend and it was loaded with incredible book events! From panels to signings to book buying, I spent three gloriously bookish days geeking out with some of my favorite authors!
Here’s some of the highlights from my weekend/reasons you need to get Salt Lake Comic Con on your agenda for next year!
Some of the amazing book/writing panels I attended included:
- Storytelling in Parts: Creating a Series with CB Lee, Kami Garcia, Jody Lynn Nye, Howard Tayler, Matthew J. Kirby, and Brian Lee Durfee.
- Harry Potter and the Cast of Unforgettable Characters with Cheree Alsop, Sara B. Larson, September Fawkes, Tricia Levenseller, Jay Whittaker and Lynette White.
- The Writing Advice I can Give My Best Friend with Brandon Mull, Brian McClellan, Chad Morris, Erin Summerill, Shelly brown, and E.E. King.
- Soul Mates, Strange, Attractions, and Bromances: Relationships in Writing with Michael Haspil, Kami Garcia, Valence E. Maetani, CB Lee, Anneka Richins, and Jill Bowers.
- Writing Excuses: Salt Lake Comic Con Edition with Brandon Sanderson, Dan Wells, Mary Robinette Kowal, Howard Tayler, Wendy Toliver, and Zoraida Cordova.
- A Shadowy Reflection of You: A Villain’s Story with Charlie Holberg, Jim Butcher, Michael A Stockpile, Tad Williams, Emily R. King, and David Farland.
- Princess Power: Defying Negative Princess Tropes with Bree Despain, Tricia Levenseller, Jessica Day George, and Kaitlyn Booth.
- Okay, but How?! Turning Ideas Into Novels with CB Lee, Taylor Brooke, Mary Robinette Kowal, Ilima Todd, and Nicole Castroman.
- You’re Doing It Wrong: A Dialogue on Nerd Love with Kyle J. Steenbok, Michael Bracera, Sean P. Means, and Danielle UberAlles.
- Spotlight on E.K. Johnston
- No Man’s Land: Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot, & the Post-Modern Super Heroine with Sara B. Larson, Rebecca Frost, Nicole Castroman, Kay-B, Shea Fontana, and Sarah Hanisko.
- The Rise of the Female Hero in YA Fantasy with Emily R. King, E.K. Johnston, Zoraida Cordova, Tricia Levenseller, Rosalyn Eves, and Kathryn Purdie.
- Breaking in as a Writer: NY Times Bestselling Authors & the Years It Takes to be an Overnight Success with David Farland, V.E. Schwab, Michael Stockpile, Jody Lynn Nye, James A. Owen, and Kathryn Purdie.
Getting to hang with our amazing Utah authors is always so much fun! I had so much fun seeing authors like Emily R. King, Tricia Levenseller, Sara B. Larson, Kathryn Purdie, Erin Summerill, Wendy Toliver, Ilima Todd, Charlie Holmberg, and so many others!
I also got the opportunity to get books signed by some of the AMAZING authors Salt Lake Comic Con brought to town including Victoria Schwab, Claudia Gray, Kami Garcia, Zoraida Cordova, E.K. Johnston, and Nicole Castroman (who I consider a semi-local author and all around awesome lady).
I also got to brave the crowds with my amazingly supportive hubz and some of my favorite YA and Wine book clubbers!
Talk about a great weekend! Who’s coming with me next year?!