VANILLA Book Feature and Wine Pairing

Vanilla by Billy Merrell is out today! Find out all about this heart-felt new novel and check out my wine pairing!

About the Book

34338278Title: Vanilla

Author: Billy Merrell

Pub. Date: October 10, 2017

Publisher: Push

Pages: 320

A bold, groundbreaking novel about coming out, coming into your own, and coming apart.

Hunter and Van become boyfriends before they’re even teenagers, and stay a couple even when adolescence intervenes. But in high school, conflict arises — mostly because Hunter is much more comfortable with the sex part of sexual identity. As the two boys start to realize that loving someone doesn’t guarantee they will always be with you, they find out more about their own identities — with Hunter striking out on his own while Van begins to understand his own asexuality.

In poems that are romantic and poems that are heartbreaking, Vanilla explores all the flavors of the spectrum — and how romance and love aren’t always the same thing.

Wine Pairing

This story is full of plenty of sweet moments, just like this Ice Cream Cellars French Vanilla White Wine. Also like the wine, Vanilla does not lack in intensity, and it is certainly a story that will linger with readers long after they close the book.

*All wine recommendations are for those of legal drinking age only.*

Follow me online for more YA and Wine! Twitterinstagram-logogoodreads_icon_1000x1000-aed808dec2093e20867b35cd56d9862dUnknownFacebookBloglovin16645001740_27a0ac1a57_b

20 thoughts on “VANILLA Book Feature and Wine Pairing

1. Jackie B @ Death by Tsundoku says:

Oh man. An ice cream flavor focused winery?! Now this sounds dangerous. It can’t tell if these wines are blended with other flavors or if they only come from grapes? It’s not clear on their website….

This book sounds adorable. I’ll certainly keep an eye out for it. How do you find all these books, Krysti?!

Isn’t that cool?! I’m not sure if there are grapes either. I still can’t drink wine, because of the medication I’m taking, which is MISERABLE. But I should be good to go in about a month again. 🙂 I probably spend way too much time on book Twitter. LOL. That is how I hear about most of the books I read.

• Jackie B @ Death by Tsundoku says:

WHAT. OH no! I’m so sorry. That’s just heartbreaking. Don’t worry– that month will just fly by! I’m sure of it.

I don’t have the attention span for Twitter, sadly. It’s embarrassing. I just can’t keep up with all the likes and shares and thread splintering. Oops.

Hahaha. I know. It’s kind of a tragedy in my house. Please have a glass for me! LOL.

I like Twitter too much. It’s a problem. You were all over those Twitter chats though! It was so fun to have you in the group!

Well, if you ever want to do another one, let me know. I’ll keep you posted. ☺️

THANK YOU!!! That’s how I know you’re a true friend. LOL! 😆🍷🍷🍷

Hahaha! See!!! You are a true friend! 🙂 I will definitely keep you posted on the Twitter chats! It’s slow this time of year, because there aren’t as many new releases coming out, but I’ll definitely let you know about the next one I hear about. 🙂